Meeting your friendly local guide at the lake edge, you'll hear stories of natural environment, flora, fauna, fires and floods (and some surprising local history!) as we wander lakeside with binoculars handy for a closer look at the abundant birdlife. Kangaroo sightings are highly likely on this walk, and lakeside is where we're most likely to see them. You might also see stingrays and fish from the lake edge.
Next, via a boardwalk through the bush, you'll visit three fabulously placed look-outs with stunning vistas of lake and coast, before emerging on beautiful Conjola beach.
Walks along the sea shore vary seasonally. You might see whales, dolphins, endangered beach-nesting birds (or surfers catching a break off Green Island). Walking back to the lake over the sand dunes, the tour finishes at the Boat Ramp. Your Guide will escort you back to the tour starting point - or you might want to dive straight into the lake for a swim!
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Guided commentary
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Conjola, Lake Conjola, Shoalhaven, New South Wales
Meeting by the lakes edge outside the historic Conjola Post Office & Shop, the route for this guided eco-walk includes lakeside, bush and beach. You'll see an abundance of wildlife including native birds and kangaroos and enjoy stunning vistas from 3 different look-out points.
Leaving the beach via a walk over sand dunes - looking out for bird and animal tracks & seasonal plants - we follow the lake edge back to finish near Conjola Entrance boat ramp, with views over to Conjola National Park.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Lake Conjola NSW 2539, Australia
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- All tours are private - i.e. one booking per tour. Tour numbers reduced to 8 per tour to allow for social distancing. Resources such as laminated maps and photographs, are 'view only' as a Covid Safe measure. Please bring your own umbrella and binoculars.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.