Connection Mountain: Juncal Glacier
The Andean Juncal Park is a protected area and due to the importance of its diversity-rich wetlands it was designated a Ramsar site. With a scenic beauty it has a wide range of native species of flora and fauna being the starting point to visit the Juncal glacier of 5965m.s.n.m and other summits of the Andean mountaineering. Despite being a place of an inhospitable geography part of its slopes tells the story of one of the most emblematic buildings of the twentieth century, the Trans-Andean train.
We will enter a path surrounded by the Andean ecosystem being possible to observe outstanding peaks, glaciers, endemic species of flora and birds, also enjoying unique experiences such as river crossings and interpretative talks.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transportation
- trekking stick, safety equipment and first aid
What's excluded :
The Juncal glacier trail is a medium difficulty route that can be traveled back and forth between 6 to 8 hours, 19km, leading to one of the most impressive glaciers in the central Andes of Chile. The route consists of a panoramic view of the high Andean ecosystem, where two water courses must be crossed, the first one is a few meters from the starting point that is the Navarro estuary and crosses through a small bridge. The second crossing is the Monos de Agua estuary, it is a torrential course of water that must be carefully crossed by the torrent with the help of trekking poles and rope, after noon the current becomes stronger so there a return limit to cross it safely. Before arriving at the Mono de Agua estuary, it passes through the Vega Birth that receives this name because it is located in the place where the Juncal river is born, that is, where the Monos de Agua estuary joins the Juncal glacier drain.
Departure Point :Terminal Los Héroes, Tucapel Jiménez 21, Santiago, Región Metropolitana, Chile
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.