Connemara Day Trip from Galway: Kylemore Abbey and Ross Errily Friary
Discover the dramatic beauty of Connemara with its rugged wilderness, welcoming locals and historic treasures, on this full-day trip from Galway city. Traveling with an expert guide, your tour visits Ross Errilly Friary, pretty Cong village and must-see Kylemore Abbey. Spend time at leisure in these Irish gems and enjoy stunning scenery in between each visit.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional Local Driver/Guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance Fee to Kylemore Abbey & Victorian Walled Garden
- Entry/Admission - Kylemore Abbey & Victorian Walled Garden
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kylemore Abbey & Victorian Walled Garden, Connemara On the N59 between Clifden and Westport, Kylemore Ireland
Kylemore Abbey, a beautiful Connemara castle, offers much history of romance and tragedy, captivating visitors who step upon its threshold.
The Abbey is a beautiful, neo-gothic, building built-in 1868 by Mitchell Henry for his wife. It is now home to the Benedictine Nuns, and here you can enjoy their excellent home cooking while visiting the Abbey and the restored walled gardens. The grounds and surrounding mountains and lakes are steeped ina rich Irish history, and you can learn all about this on our Connemara & Cong Tour. The Abbey and estate are open all year round and include the Abbey, a Gothic Church, the walled gardens, a craft shop, pottery studio, restaurant and tea rooms, as well as the lake and woodland walks.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Lough Corrib, Ireland
Lough Corrib is the largest lake within the Republic of Ireland and the second largest on the island of Ireland (after Lough Neagh). ( It covers 176 km² )
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Ross Errily Friary, Headford Ireland
Ross Errily Friary- a hidden and atmospheric 14th-century monastery
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Killary Fjord, Leenane Ireland
Killary Harbour is Ireland’s only true fjord and extends 16km (10 miles) in from the Atlantic .It's extremely deep, over 45m at its centre. This offers a very safe, sheltered anchorage, because of the depth and the mountains to the south and north. It is a centre for shellfish farming, and strings of ropes used to grow mussels are visible for much of its length.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Cong, Cong, County Mayo, Western Ireland
Only an hour’s drive from Westport, Cong is a small village in south Mayo famous for its 12th century abbey, the lavish gold and silver processional Cross of Cong from 1123, the magnificent Ashford Castle, the village’s links with Oscar Wilde and, most popularly, its association with the John Wayne classic movie, The Quiet Man.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Galway, Co. Galway, H91 CX90, Ireland
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.