Connemara National Park Nature Trails self-guided including Lunch
Explore nature walks in scenic Connemara National Park on the Wild Atlantic Way. The park covers 2.957 hectares of scenic mountains, expanses of bogs, heaths, grasslands and woodlands. The park's mountains are part of the famous 12 Bens mountain range.
Entrance to the park is free. At the visitor centre view a fascinating exhibition on the Connemara landscape. A variety of safe and easy trail options are available for the whole family to enjoy, with more challenging tracks &trails for walkers, ranging from 0.5kms to 5kms.
Come see the world famous Connemara pony. The birdlife is varied and includes Meadow pipits, skylarks, stonechats, chaffinches, robins and wrens. Birds of prey and wild red deer can be seen occasionally too.
Lunch is at the Tea Room, situated in the park, consisting of delicious soup of the day, with homemade brown bread, plus a freshly made sandwich (plain or toasted), with 2 fillings of your choice, tea or coffee and a chocolate.
This is a self-guided tour.
per adult from
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from Connemara National Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Connemara National Park & Visitor Centre, Connemara National Park Connemara National Park Connemara, Co Galway Near the village of Letterfrack, Galway Ireland
A number of different walks around Diamond Hill in the national park with a lunch laid on in the Tea Rooms.
Duration: 6 hours
Pass By: Kylemore Abbey & Victorian Walled Garden, Connemara On the N59 between Clifden and Westport, Kylemore Ireland
Close to the national park is Kylemore Abbey and Victorian walled garden. The Abbey with its beautifully restored rooms, fascinating vistor experience centre explaining its history of tragedy, romance, education and spirituality. Explore the 6 acre walled garden and its garden buildings, formal flower, vegetable and herb gardens. All set in a woodland wonderland.
Departure Point :Connemara National Park Visitor Centre, Letterfrack, Co. Galway, Ireland
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- An Explore Connemara National Park VOUCHER will be supplied AFTER booking with all details for date booked. Please printout and present to validate the light lunch
- Multi-lingual exhibition and Audio Visual Show
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.