Cooking Tour in Kathmandu - Learn as Local with Nepalese Family
The Cooking Tour of Nepal involves a titillating blending of Indian and Tibetan cuisine that has rolled itself into its own unique flavor. Those who taste Nepali cooking for the first time are in awe of the wonderful aromas and spices that make such succulent dishes. In the Cooking Tour of Nepal, you get to learn the secrets of mouth-watering Nepali dishes.
This is a four-hour program that takes you from the market to the finished product. Hands-on cooking is under the guidance of a skilled Nepali cook. There are two programs which run each day, and you can choose to do traditional dishes as well as vegetarian and vegan delights.
Each class ends with either lunch or dinner where you get to enjoy your newly acquired Nepali culinary skills. If you like cooking or just want to explore the uniqueness of Nepal foods, the Cooking Tour in Kathmandu is definitely a half-day program just for you.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Skilled Master Nepali cook to teach you how to make real Nepali foods.
- Lunch or Dinner following the completion of your entrees
- Learning to cook five (5) traditional Nepali dishes.
- Choice of dishes to make, including vegan and vegetarian delights.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Nepali Food Cooking
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Nepali Food Cooking, Balaju, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
Traditional Nepal foods is an experience unto itself. Borrowing from Tibetan and Indian traditions, Nepal has developed its own delicious cuisine that delights the taste buds of visitors from around the world. Now you can actually learn how to do traditional Nepali cooking from a skilled Nepali chef!
Each half-day session takes you from the market to the finished product. It begins with a trip to the market where you experience how to barter for fresh vegetables and spices. A traditional marketplace is a colorful event with its many sights and sounds. Smell the aromas as it tickles your nose. Watch your guide demonstrate bartering skills as every item’s price is negotiated. There is an amazing cacophony of sounds and smells that make up the fun of the marketplace.
From here, return to the kitchen where you will cook five courses of traditional Nepali and Newari dishes. The two cultures produce very distinct foods. While some of it has blended itself, there is enough distinction to proclaim the merits of each cooking tradition.
You can choose from meat dishes to vegetarian and vegan recipes. Your master chef will instruct you on the use of the various spices that are unique to this culture. In just four hours, the guarded secrets of successful Nepali cooking will be revealed to you. Only a master Nepali chef can bring any recipe to a delicious conclusion, and under their tutelage, you will rise to flavorful distinction.
There are many Nepali local ingredients. Some are grown only in the High Himalayas while others are grown here in the Kathmandu Valley. Certain areas of Nepal produce certain types of crops, and your Master Nepali chef will show you how to select and properly use each ingredient in order to bring out the finest of flavors.
You will finish the course by feasting on sumptuous food that you have learned to cook. Now you can take this newfound knowledge home with you to amaze family and friends.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up all travelers from hotel inside ring road including Boudhanath.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.