Coorong 3.5-Hour Discovery Cruise
Spirit of the Coorong Discovery Cruise is our 3.5 hour cruise which takes you past the Murray Mouth and into the Coorong National Park with expert commentary and a guided walk.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Afternoon tea
- Expert commentary
- Local guides
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Goolwa Barrage, Barrage Road, Goolwa, South Australia Australia
A delicious lunch is served on board as we cruise downstream from the port of Goolwa along the historic wharf & towards the Goolwa Barrage. Travel through the lock chamber, down to sea level and spot a few lazy fur-seals lounging about.
Pass By: Murray Mouth, Goolwa, South Australia 5001 Australia
We then meander along the waterways of the Coorong, following the last kilometres of the mighty Murray River to the Murray Mouth and the its opening to the Southern Ocean.
Cruise on past the Murray Mouth and into Storm Boy country, passing by the quaint fishing village of the Coorong Shacks before pulling up onto the beach for a optional guided walk through the dunes, Indigenous Midden site, rich cultural interpretation and bush-tucker trail to the infamous 90-Mile Beach and the roaring Southern Ocean.
Learn the 'Coorong Shuffle' and dig for Pipi's on the beach before returning back to the vessel and continuing our cruise past Storm Boy filming sites and towering dunes. Afternoon Tea is served on the meandering return journey back to Goolwa.
Beautiful scenery, bird-life, seals and expert commentary along the way - this 3.5 hour cruise of Discovery is the perfect way to see the remote and wondrous wetlands of the Coorong.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please arrive 15 minute prior to departure, there is plenty of free parking without restriction around the wharf.Ports
- Spirit of the Coorong Cruises, Main Wharf, Goolwa SA 5214, Australia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 46 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.