Coptic Cairo tour to The Hanging Church Monastery of St George Abu Serga Ben Ezra
Discover the ancient sites and culture of Coptic Christians with Youregypttours.com on a private tour through Old Cairo. Visit Abu Serga where the Holy family sort refuge, and Ben ...
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Hanging Church (El Muallaqa, Sitt Mariam, St Mary)
- Entry/Admission - Church of St Sergius and Bacchus
- Entry/Admission - Ben Ezra Synagogue
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hanging Church (El Muallaqa, Sitt Mariam, St Mary), Shar'a Mari Girgis Street, Cairo 11511 Egypt
Discover the ancient sites and culture of Coptic Christians with us on a private tour through Old Cairo. Visit the Hanging church,church of St Sergius and Bachus or Abu Serga where the Holy family sought refuge.Then look at Ben Ezra synagouge, one of the oldest Jewish temples in Cairo. Learn about Christian life in Egypt, a country where Christianity is as old as Christianity itself. The Hanging Church is built over the walls of the water gate of the Roman fortress and is possibly the oldest Christian church in Egypt. Dedicated to the Virgin Mary, it is one of Cairo's most beautiful churches.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Church of St Sergius and Bacchus, Old Cairo, Cairo 11511 Egypt
our next stop is the Abu Serga, one of the places where the Holy Family rested after fleeing Israel from King Herod. At the turn of the century this little church, which dates from the 10th-century, was the most important pilgrimage spot in Old Cairo for visiting Christian tourists. There are 24 marble columns lining the central court, and a series of 12 icons depicting the 12 apostles.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ben Ezra Synagogue, Coptic Cairo, Cairo 11511 Egypt
Ben Ezra Synagogue is one of the oldest in Egypt. Set in a shady garden, it was built on the site of 4th-century Christian church. The synagogue was severely damaged by Arabs after the 1967 war with Israel, but it has been almost completely renovated.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Centrally located Cairo&Giza hotels
Departure Time :8 AM earlier or later departures are available until 12:00pm
Return Detail :Tour returns to original point of departure
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.