Coral Reef and Turtle Discovery Tour
Experience a Virgin Islands tour unlike any other - without the crowds! Take an adventurous kayak over crystal clear waters, land on a cay and snorkel over a healthy coral reef, break for a picnic lunch, then snorkel with sea turtles for a truly a unique and fun day! This guided tour includes: lunch, photos, bottled water and a light snack.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A cooler packed with sandwiches, bottled water and beverages.
- Photos - above and under water
- Use of Kayak & Snorkel Gear
- Guided kayaking and snorkeling
What's excluded :
- Gratuity is recommended (15-20%). Automatic 15% gratuity is due in cash for groups of 5 +
- Pick up and drop off from St.Thomas cruise ship ports and major hotels ($14 per person additional)
Experience kayaking over crystal clear waters to a secluded snorkel spot the coast of St. Thomas. Snorkeling is over a beautiful and healthy coral reef at the first spot and swimming with sea turtles at the second location. No kayaking or snorkeling experience is needed! Includes: lunch a snack and bottled water, photos, guided kayaking and snorkeling and use of all needed gear/instruction.
Your Eco-guide will provide instructions on kayak paddling techniques, familiarize you with your gear and assist you onto your kayak and out on the water guiding you over to a shell covered beach. Wade out into the water and soon you will see corals and sea fans which make a home for an abundance of tropical fish. Your guide will capture photos underwater and tell you all about the marine life you will see. After snorkeling, it is time to relax and enjoy a picnic lunch. After your break, join your guide to a second location to snorkel with sea turtles in their natural habitat.
Duration: 5 hours
Location: St. Thomas Adventure Tours, St. Thomas
Departure Point :St. Thomas Adventure Tours, kayak, snorkel and rock climbing small group tours, Airport Rd, Charlotte Amalie West, St Thomas 00802, USVI
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up time depends on the location of the hotel or ship port (it may be more than 30 mins). Transportation must be pre-arranged with the tour provider (cruise ship passengers - please call the tour provider to arrange before your ship sails). There is an additional cost of $14 per person for round trip transportation due in cash upon check in for transportation. Ports
- Havensight/WICO Ship Port (Charlotte Amalie/St. Thomas)
- Crown Bay Ship Port (Charlotte Amalie/St. Thomas)
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Hotel guests only: If you would like transportation from your hotel (major hotels only), this must be pre-arranged with the tour provider (before your cruise or travel begins). Your pick up time is before the start of the tour and is based on your location. Please note, the cost of round trip transportation is $14 per person and is due in cash on the day of your tour.
- Minimum 2 guests per booking.
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Maximum participant weight for an individual is 225 pounds
- Maximum weight for for tandem (double kayak) is 425 pounds (total for both participants). Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 5 years old. All participants must know how to swim. Children under 9 must paddle with an adult.
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Subject to favorable weather conditions
- Please note that a 15% gratuity is due on the day of the tour in cash for groups of 5 or more.
- No transportation available April 29 through May 2.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Tour size: 2 to 4 guests. Enhanced disinfecting and deep cleaning of all gear, including but not limited to masks and snorkels. Optional: New masks & snorkels are available for purchase Lunch & beverages are served in single use packaging. Guide will wear mask when social distancing isn't possible.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.