Corcovado River Kayaking And Mangrove Estuary Bird-watching
In the last 25 years we had the opportunity to paddle, at the beginning with our self made fiberglass kayaks, along almost all the Rivers, Creeks, Lagoons, Shores and Reefs of the Osa Peninsula.
All this Experience, allow us to create, in the far 1994, the very first Adventure Trek in the Osa, The Corcovado Ring Adventure Trek, that still remain the best of this Kind, where the River, Mangrove and Sea Kayaking were fundamental.
Wild Trails Adventures in the last year we started creating several New and Exclusive Kayak Treks Experiences here around, along Rivers and Lagoons that nobody Ever used for this kind of Activities.
So, if we are Proud to offer this Experience today, is because we know it's worth and that Guests will enjoy it, and make it as a reference for the rest of the Activities they will do during their Trip.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Kayaks and all the Safety Equipment
What's excluded :
This is an easy River descend that joins the pleasure of a Physical Activity with the Nature and Wildlife Observation, and learning about the Osa Peninsula
We bring our guests and the stuff needed for this River Kayak, until the starting point, very close to the Corcovado National Park Border, from where we will start paddling across open Farmland, Plantations and Forest.
All along the River, many species of Birds, Mammals, Reptiles, and Butterflies are easy to spot and good subject for Wildlife Photography at its bests.
We will stop a couple of time for take a little rest, have some snack and time to compare impressions with the other Trekkers.
This river is not used for local transportation, so, occasionally, will be necessary to walk, hauling the Kayak, for to pass some blockage produced by trunks and branches pushed down by the water current… just some adventure more!!
At the end of the River, a huge Mangrove Complex with very tall trees, habitat of the rare Yellow-Billed Cotinga , will be crossed along its canals before to reach the open waters of the Golfo Dulce, and a small beach where our truck will recover the Guests and the stuff for the ride back to Puerto Jimenez
• Golfo Dulce, Puerto Jimenez 60702 Costa Rica
Departure Point :Oceandrive Boulevard, Oceandrive Blvd, Puntarenas Province, Puerto Jiménez, Costa Rica
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 6 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Not Recommended for persons that have very extreme reaction to insects bites...a bee can always be present everywhere
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.