Corinto Shore: Colonial Leon Private Story Tour
Leon was founded in 1524 by Spanish conquerors, but it had to be moved in 1610 about 30 miles west where is now our destination.
Travel with me and you won’t get long boring history talks, but personal professional and dedicated service besides anecdotes and fascinating stories.
16 years working in a beautiful city and country, I am willing and happy to show you the best of this colonial town.
Let's explore Leon and hear about 495 years and its evolution from colonial slavery to North American’s intervention, Sandinista revolution, Contra revolution and more, exploring our art gallery beside the largest Catedral in Central America declared a world heritage site.
On the way back to the port we will detour to San Jacinto Mud pods viewing the mud pits of different sizes, depths, and colors. See nature's force in action as the mud bubbles and churns, spitting up geysers of steam.
Now we are ready!
Thank you very much.
per adult from
6 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional bilingual guide (Certified)
- Private Tour
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Basilica Catedral de la Asuncion
- Entry/Admission - Museo de Arte Fundacion Ortiz-Gurdian
- Entry/Admission - Museo Ruben Dario
What's excluded :
- Tourist Card: USD 10.00 (To be paid at your entrance to Nicaragua)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Basilica Catedral de la Asuncion, Leon Nicaragua
Learn about the largest catedral of Central America declared heritage site by UNESCO
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Museo de Arte Fundacion Ortiz-Gurdian, Av SO 3a, Leon Nicaragua
Vibrant museum in a unique building with a luxurious patio that displays a variety of outstanding works of art.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Museo Ruben Dario, Calle Central, Leon Nicaragua
The personal objects of Rubén Darío, the most famous poet of Nicaragua, can be seen inside one of the houses in which he lived.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Museum of Legends and Traditions (Museo de Tradiciones y Leyendas), Across From Iglesia San Sebastion, Leon Nicaragua
Stopping inside the bus for a couple Minutes, I'll explain the surrounding area of the street called la Españolita! Talking about the importance of the place during the revolution times.
Departure Point :El Puerto, Corinto, Nicaragua
Traveler pickup is offered
I will pick you up at the main gate of the portPorts
- Corinto Port
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 10/8/2019 - 11/4/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 09:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.