Cork and Blarney Castle Rail Tour from Dublin
No visit to Ireland is complete without a visit to Blarney Castle! On this full-day trip from Dublin you'll kiss the famous Blarney Stone, walk through the castle grounds and hear the moving story of Ireland's emigrants at the Queenstown Story in Cobh. Traveling by train and coach, you'll take a journey through Ireland's rich history and scenic countryside.
per adult from
What's included :
- Host on trains
- Information pack
- Reserved seats on trains
- Qualified driver-guide on coaches
- All travel by rail and coach from Dublin
- Entry/Admission - Blarney Castle & Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Cobh Heritage Centre The Queenstown Story
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Blarney Castle & Gardens, Monacnapa, Blarney, Cork T23 Y598 Ireland
On arrival in Cork at 09:35, we transfer to our Railtours Ireland tour coach through Cork City to Blarney Village and historic Blarney Castle – which is over 600 years old.
Explore the beautiful gardens and take the time to kiss the famous stone, which is said to bestow the gift of eternal eloquence on those lucky enough to do so. There is also time for shopping and lunch at Blarney Village.
TIP! We recommend that you have lunch there, as this will be the only opportunity during the day to have a substantial meal.
You depart Blarney at 13:30 hrs. Approximately – or as directed by your Host – for Cóbh, via the city centre and a short city tour.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Cobh Cathedral, Cathedral Terrace, Cobh None Ireland
On arrival at Cóbh (pronounced: Cove), we will visit St Colman’s Cathedral. We will then proceed down along the sea front passing the former White Star Line offices en route to the beautifully restored Victorian railway station/transatlantic terminal. This is now the Cóbh Heritage Centre, home to the Queenstown Story to which your entrance is included.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Cobh Heritage Centre The Queenstown Story, Deepwater Quay, Cobh P24 CY67 Ireland
When Queen Victoria visited Ireland in 1849 she came to Cóbh and the town was renamed Queenstown in her honour – it was renamed Cóbh after Irish independence in 1922.
Cóbh was, of course, the final port of call of the RMS Titanic and this theme is well expounded. The centre also houses much information about the Great Famine and subsequent Irish Emigration – 3 million Irish people emigrated from Cóbh (principally to the United States).
The Lusitania was torpedoed off the coast of Cork – marking the United States’ entry to the First World War – and the small number of survivors were brought to Cóbh for refuge.
Cóbh is also the headquarters of the Irish Navy and you will most likely see some navy ships.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Heuston Station, St John's Rd W, Saint James' (part of Phoenix Park), Dublin, Ireland
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessibility: As long as the passenger has some mobility then this tour would be suitable. Trains in Ireland are wheelchair friendly. However, buses/coaches are not. The guest would have to be able to climb the steps onto the bus. Mobility Scooters cannot be accommodated on this tour.
- This tour offers stops en route for photographs, shopping, etc.
- Due to operational reasons it may, on occasion, be necessary to alter certain itineraries.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Children U16 cannot book independently. They must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 53 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.