Cork Food and History Tour
This is a walking tour of Cork city with commentary on the food and drinks history of the city going back to Viking days. Start at the City Art Gallery, where the merchants lived and traded in times past as the city developed from the confines of its medieval walls. See how this city was built on the trading of Butter, meat and whiskey. The English Market is central to the food history of the city and we meet some of its key traders. Enjoy selected food tastings finishing at the Market in the city centre.
The tours with set times are not private however if you wish to organise a private tour outside of these times please contact us directly.
per adult from
What's included :
- Snacks - Tastings of Fish and Cheese in English Market.
- Entry/Admission - Crawford Art Gallery
- Entry/Admission - Butter Museum
- Entry/Admission - The English Market
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Crawford Art Gallery Emmett Place, Cork T12 TNE6 Ireland
See Cork's food history come alive in the paintings in the gallery
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Butter Museum, Shandon, Cork Ireland
See the history of Cork and the history of Butter Making and dairy produce
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: The English Market, 41 Princes Street, Cork T12 RW26 Ireland
See the living market and taste local produce
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :19 Emmett Pl, Centre, Cork, Co. Cork, T12 CD36, Ireland
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :English Market, Grand Parade, Centre, Cork, Co. Cork, Ireland
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travelers with walking difficulty
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.