Costa Brava Coast Hike and Snorkel from Barcelona Including Lunch
Hit the hiking heights of the Costa Brava, and explore the coastline between Platia de Castell and the village of Calella de Palafrugell on a day trip from Barcelona. The area is one of the unspoiled gems of the popular Costa Brava region, and the best way to discover its secluded coves and little-known vantage points is by foot. Follow a guide at a leisurely pace, see 6th-century Iberian ruins, and finish with a seaside lunch in charming Calella de Palafrugell.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Lunch - 3-course lunch
- Bottled water
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Leave Barcelona in the morning, and relax on the journey northeast with your guide and small group. Your destination of the day? A beautiful stretch of the Costa Brava coast known as Platia de Castell. With your hiking shoes on, hop out of your minivan and start your 3-3.5-hour coastal hike to discover one of the most serene parts of the Costa Brava.
The winding cliff-top route is akin to a walk through history. Pass alongside the ruins of a 6th-century Iberian village, perched high on a rugged promontory, and listen to stories about the area’s past. The views are impressive, and the twists and turns of the coastal path frequently give way to jaw-dropping vistas of the Med, lashing against the rocks below.
Make your way down to remote coves and sandy beaches, and enjoy several breaks to cool down with a swim or snorkel. Equipment is provided; you just need your bathing suit. After just over three hours exploring the coastline, finish your hike at Calella de Palafrugell — a tiny village on a bay that’s graced by fishermen’s houses and whitewashed villas.
Head inside one of the village’s seafront restaurants, and relax with a 3-course lunch. Finally, step back inside your minivan for the journey back to Barcelona. Your tour finishes at the start point.
Departure Point :Plaça de Catalunya, 17, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please bring your swim suit, towel, sunglasses, sun screen, hat and flip-flops
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Any special requirement should be noted by the client on "Special Requests" upon booking, in order to guarantee that it will be handled
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.