Costa Brava one day from Barcelona
In this excursion we will know the Coast of Girona, baptized 100 years ago as Costa Brava, due to its peculiar abrupt and trimmed relief, dotted with small coves surrounded by pine trees and bathed by crystalline waters.
- Its natural wealth is manifested in the fact that in a large part of its territory there are several Protected Natural Spaces, such as the Cabo de Creus, the Aiguamolls de l'Empordà and the Marine Reserve of the Medes Islands.
- Apart from the characteristic relief of its coastline, the Costa Brava also owes its fame to its villages. Those who once were small fishermen's cores, with whitewashed white-walled houses and narrow and winding alleys, still retain that unique charm today.
- This area has been throughout the times the place of entry, passage and settlement of different cultures and civilizations, which have left their mark until today, proof of this are the Greek and Roman sites of Empúries.
per adult from
What's included :
- Confortable autocar.
- Accompanying guide.
- Tickets para el barco Nautilus.
- Entrance to the ruins of Ampurias and taxes.
What's excluded :
- Gifts, souvenirs.
- Tips for service (voluntary / optional).
- Any type of snacks and / or drinks during the tour.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Camino de Ronda, S'Agaro Spain
We will take the highway and about 10:15 a.m. We will arrive at Calella de Palafrugell, a small fishing village, which today retains the traditional appearance of yesteryear.
People of great beauty both in architecture and landscape, all dotted with small coves, a fusion that makes it an incomparable setting.
We will have free time to visit the town, enjoy the scenery and certainly take excellent photographs.
Around 11:00 a.m., we will start an itinerary on foot along the Camino de Ronda, which will lead us to the neighboring town of Llafranc. The ride takes about 30 minutes, suitable for all ages, flat and not difficult.
The Roads of Ronda border the entire Costa Brava and were previously used to monitor maritime contraband. Today, thanks to them, you can discover beautiful corners, which would otherwise be inaccessible.
Llafranc, is also another small, elegant and captivating seaside town, with all the charms of the towns of this coast.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Village Medieval de Pals, Pals Gerone Espagne, Pals Spain
Around 12:00 m. We will approach Pals, a town nestled in the interior and located on the top of a hill. The town is almost entirely integrated into an impressive medieval complex. The enclosure is crowned by a cylindrical tower from the 12th century, visible from afar and offered as a large terrace with unbeatable panoramic views of the Costa Brava and its surroundings.
Walking through the cobbled streets of its urban core we will feel ourselves going back in time. Half-point arches, facades with ogival windows, stone balconies, all in perfect condition.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Platja de l'Estartit, Passeig Maritim, L'Estartit Spain
Our next visit will be Estartit, a fishing town with an important port and internationally famous for being an important diving center because the archipelago of the Medes Islands is a kilometer from its coast.
The Medes Islands are of great interest for the wide variety of flora and fauna that inhabits its entire maritime area, with more than 1,200 classified species. The ecosystem has been listed as the best reserve in the Western Mediterranean. It is declared a National Protected Natural Park and ZEPIM (Specially protected area of importance for the Mediterranean).
There will be free time to eat and take a short walk through the town and at 3:00 p.m. we will embark on board the Nautilus, boat equipped with underwater vision.
The tour lasts 1h 30 m. First we will go to the islands bordering them. The images are already spectacular. But also, and through submerged cabins with large windows, we can enjoy an exceptional view of a seabed full of life, as if we were diving! The itinerary continues to the spectacular cliffs of the Montgrí mountain range, only accessible by sea, one of the most virgin areas of the Costa Brava.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ruins of Empuries, C/ Puig i Cadafalch s/n L'Escala, 17130 Spain
Our last stop will be at the vast Greco-Roman ruins of Empúries, which we will arrive around 5:00 p.m. There, we will visit the site, the only one in Spain where the remains of a Greek city coexist with another of later Roman. Empúries is located in a privileged environment, just in front of the sea.
In the Greek city we can admire the remains of the urban wall, the acropolis, the market square as well as numerous buildings. Outside the archaeological site we will also see the Greek port of the 1st century BC. of C., where in 1992 the Olympic torch of the Olympic Games of Barcelona landed.
In the Roman city there are some floor mosaics in excellent condition, the Forum, remains of an amphitheater, several statues and vestiges of the network of streets.
At 6:00 pm. We will finish the tour and return to Barcelona, where we will arrive at approximately 8:00 p.m. in Plaza Catalunya.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Plaça de Catalunya, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- CHILDREN: From 0 to 5 years old, they do not pay. After 6 years of age, they pay an adult fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.