Costa Rica’s Top Rated Surf Lessons on a Secluded Beach
Our secluded beach is the ultimate place to learn to surf with the best surf company in Costa Rica. 95% of our customers are first, second or third timers and we take great care of you. No worries about 100s of other surfers around you and Playa Grande is a beautiful beach as well. The waves are awesome for beginners to intermediate surfers and we only surf around the high tide to give you the best possible waves. We take special care in every customer to make sure they have the best day of their vacation and take 150-250 pictures and video to prove it.
per adult from
2 hours 15 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Snacks - We bring ice water and fresh Costa Rican pineapple to every lesson
- We supply all equipment including surf boards and rash guards
What's excluded :
- We do not supply towels or sunscreen
Our 2 plus hour lessons, unlike other schools that offer 90 minutes, begin with a 10 minute land lesson. We then take you out for 45 minutes to an hour where you will always be with your instructor & learn to surf. Then we take a 10 minute break where we provide you with fresh pineapple and ice water before going back out for the last hour of the lesson. You will be catching your own waves in no time as our instructors are among the best in Costa Rica & we want you to learn while having fun.
We take children as young as 4 as our instructors are amazing with children & have had beginners as old as 75 out. At our secluded beach, we are the only ones there and you avoid the crowded, rocky areas of Tamarindo (we are right across from Tamarindo).Our beach is a sand walk out with no rock to worry about-perfect for beginners with great waves as well!
Our class sizes are no more than 4 students per instructor & we offer semi-private and private as well.
We also take 150-250 professional pictures of your lesson. The only surf company in Costa Rica to offer that.
We are part of the Mojo Surf Adventures Group - rated TripAdvisor #1 and one of the top surf schools in all Costa Rica.
Departure Point :Unnamed Road, Provincia de Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
We offer free pick up locally from the Westin Hotel, W Hotel, Reserva Conchal, Tamarindo (Playa Langosta) to Potrero (including Playa Flamingo, Brasilito, Playa Conchal and Huacas). We also pick up at Casa Chameleon, JW Marriot, all hotels and homes in Playa del Coco and Papagayo (including Riu, Mangroove, Hard Rock, Secrets, Four Seasons, Andaz and all others) for an extra charge. Pick up times vary with lesson times.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/28/2019 - 11/1/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.