Costal Cretan Villages and Asclepieion Temple Small Group Day Trip from Chania with Meal
If you’ve come to Crete seeking adventure, then this tour is perfect for you! Tap into your inner Indiana Jones as you explore a Cretan village, trek a gorge, wander through an ancient city, drink ‘healing water,’ swim in a turquoise sea, and try your hand at preparing local dishes! It’ll be an adventure of a lifetime that only requires a positive attitude and an open mind!
per adult from
11 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Bus fares
- Breakfast (local dish with rusks, olives, tomatoes, and cheese)
- Seasonal fruit
- A meal (starter and main course)
- Local sweets
- Raki (a local spirit)
- Entry/Admission - ΚΤΕΛ ΧΑΝΙΩΝ-ΡΕΘΥΜΝΟΥ Α.Ε KTEL Public Bus service
- Entry/Admission - Gialiskari beach
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: ΚΤΕΛ ΧΑΝΙΩΝ-ΡΕΘΥΜΝΟΥ Α.Ε KTEL Public Bus service, ΚΥΔΩΝΙΑΣ & ΠΑΡΘΕΝΙΟΥ, Kelaidi, Chania 731 35, Greece
After meeting your guide, you will start a two-hour ride with our private vehicle, that will take us to a seaside village unknown to mass tourism.
No adventure can start without fuelling up on a light, organic breakfast made with local products.
Hike in the shade of old pine trees on an easy trail before slowly trekking up a hill that will offer breathtaking views of the gorge beneath us and the turquoise sea in the distance.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Lissos River, Greece
We have finally reached Lissos. Enjoy a walk around the ancient ruins, drink from the “healing water” and enjoy the crystal clean waters of the small bay.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Gialiskari beach, Crete's southcoast, 5 km east of Paleochora, Palaiochora, Crete 73001 Greece
Enjoy the boat ride (traditional fishing boat) to the beach of Gialiskari.
Our next stop will be a remote but quaint village where we’ll have the opportunity to participate in making a local traditional sweet, which pairs well with a glass of raki after a hearty meal!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Palaiochora, Greece
Walk around the coastal town of Paleochora, and enjoy more shots of Raki and sweets.
We take the road back to Chania city and drop you off at your hotel
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :ΚΤΕΛ ΧΑΝΙΩΝ-ΡΕΘΥΜΝΟΥ Α.Ε KTEL Public Bus service, ΚΥΔΩΝΙΑΣ & ΠΑΡΘΕΝΙΟΥ, Kelaidi, Chania 731 35, Greece
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and bring a hat, sunscreen, and a bottle of water. If it’s warm, bring your swimsuit
- We can accommodate dietary restrictions upon request
- Travellers under 14 years of age are not permitted on this tour
- Small group of a maximum of 12 people
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: By visiting villages far from mass tourism and collaborating with the locals, your tour supports these small communities financially.
- As part of your tour you'll enjoy a local organic breakfast made entirely with products from the area.
- You'll also have the opportunity to learn to make a traditional sweet from a village local, something which helps to preserve local cultural heritage.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.