Cotopaxi National Park + Quilotoa Lagoon in 1 Day
Enjoy the most popular volcanoes and craters in Ecuador in only one day from Quito city. This is a perfect tour for people who love adventure and out door activities. The journey is full of nature, wildlife and stunning scenic view. We will cross over a large part of the avenue the volcanoes, towns or villages. On the way, there are corn, potato and barley fields located at the bottom of the rugged hills. Indigenous communities who are located beside of the roads show their gastronomy, culture and ways of living and working.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- An English-speaking Naturalist Guide-Chauffeur.
- Pick-up for your centrally hotel in Quito city.
- Entry/Admission - Cotopaxi National Park
- Entry/Admission - Laguna Quilotoa
What's excluded :
- Travel Insurance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cotopaxi National Park, Ecuador
Adventure starts in the Quito city that is located at 2890m or 9000 ft above sea level. The Cotopaxi National Park is located 77km on the south of Quito. When you arrive at the main entrance of the National Park is a good moment to taste an energy drink known as Coca Tea. This andean beverage was drunk by Incas to mitigate certain discomforts caused by effects of the altitude. Afterwards, the vehicle will take us to the lower area of the Park which altitude is 3900m or 12795ft above seal level. On this altitude is located the Limpiopungo Lagoon. The lacuna is a perfect place to start the hiking around in one hour or so. The wildlife that sorrounds the lagoon are wild horses or rabbits, andean gulls, coots, lapwings and sandpipers. Occasionally, the Andean Condor are planning the Park and could be spotted up in the distance. The tour continues driving to the next tourist attraction.
Duration: 3 minutes
Stop At: Laguna Quilotoa, Laguna de Quilotoa, 070701 Ecuador
After 2-hour drive from the Cotopaxi National Park is located the Quilotoa Lagoon. Quilotoa is a water-fill caldera that tops out at 3800m or 12467 ft above sea level. This lagoon shows up different colors, it depends if the day is sunny or cloudy. You can be as active or relaxed as you like in the lagoon. Before the Quilotoa town there are an indigenous gallery that is visited to admire and learn more about this entrepreneur and artisan people. A guinea pig can be seen while is circling in the roasting. Quilotoa offers a wide variety of activities from which to choose: hiking, kayaking, photography or just enjoy this peacefull place from the look-out point. The activity that travellers enjoy the most is to walk down at the bottom of the crater to look at the lagoon and return. if your physical condition is not the best one, the return could be assisted by a local man who rent mules to come back to the viewpoint. After a wonderfull day is time to come back to Quito.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Mariscal Sucre Airport, Quito Ecuador
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.