Cotswold Taster Tour from Oxford
The Cotswolds is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty which has inspired artists, writers and philosophers for many centuries. Come and discover idyllic English villages, nestling in quiet valleys, small stone thatched cottages, majestic castles and manors, and charming high streets peppered with quaint tea shops and antiques shops. Let your knowledgeable guides show you the English countryside at its best. This is an extended half-day tour from Oxford, ideal for those who would love to see some of the Cotswold villages, but cannot spare a whole day.
per adult from
What's included :
- Blue Badge guide
- Hotel drop-off (select hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water and select beverages
- Pick up and drop off on request from hotels in North Oxford
- Pick up and drop off from Oxford Railway Station on request.
What's excluded :
- Meals not included
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Minster Lovell Hall & Dovecote, Minster Road, Minster Lovell, Witney England
You start your unforgettable Cotswold journey from central Oxford, driving to Burford (the Gateway to the Cotswolds) through Minster Lovell, with its its attractive thatched houses and ruined Hall.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Burford Library 86A High Street, Burford OX18 4QF England
We then continue to Burford, the Gateway to the Cotswolds via the beautiful villages of Asthall and Swinbrook (home to the Mitford sisters). Enjoy browsing around the small shops and cafes.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Bourton on the Water Visitor Information Centre, Victoria Street, Bourton-on-the-Water England
Our drive then takes us through some beautiful countryside and some of the old quarrying villages of the North Cotswolds to Bourton-on-the-Water, the 'Venice of the Cotswolds'. Bourton has many cafes and small souvenir shops to explore and there is also the picturesque River Windrush.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Stow-on-the-Wold Market Square, Stow-on-the-Wold England
Enjoy window-shopping in some of the quaint antiques shops and boutiques in the pretty town square or visit St Edwards Church with its quirky wooden door, said to have inspired the writer Tolkien.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Blenheim Palace, Woodstock OX20 1PP England
Our tour heads back to Oxford via the bustling market town of Chipping Norton, making a final brief photo stop at Blenheim Palace (the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill).
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Oxford Visitor Information Centre, 15-16 Broad St, Oxford OX1 3AS, UK
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.