Cotswold Winter Explorer
The Cotswolds is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty which has inspired artists, writers and philosophers for many centuries. Come and discover idyllic English villages, nestling in quiet valleys, small stone thatched cottages, majestic castles and manors, and charming high streets peppered with quaint tea shops and antiques shops. Let your knowledgeable guides show you the English countryside at its best.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel drop-off (select hotels only)
- Blue Badge guide
- Bottled water
- Pick up from hotels in North Oxford on request
- Pick up from Oxford Railway Station on request
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Snowshill Manor
- Entry/Admission - Blenheim Palace
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Minster Lovell Hall & Dovecote, Minster Road, Minster Lovell, Witney England
You start your unforgettable Cotswold journey from central Oxford, driving to Burford (the Gateway to the Cotswolds) through Minster Lovell, with its its attractive thatched houses and ruined Hall
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Burford Library 86A High Street, Burford OX18 4QF England
We then continue to Burford, the Gateway to the Cotswolds via the beautiful villages of Asthall and Swinbrook (home to the Mitford sisters)
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Bourton on the Water, Windrush river, Bourton-on-the-Water England
Continuing through the former quarrying villages of Taynton and Great Barrington we arrive in Bourton-on-the-Water, the Venice of the Cotswolds – with its delightful bridges over the River Windrush, where you will make a stop for lunch.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Snowshill Manor, Broadway, Snowshill WR12 7JU England
After lunch we take a scenic drive to the enchanting village of Snowshill with its beautiful stone cottages and views of the Cotswold Hills.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: High Street Chipping Campden, Campden Mews High Street, Chipping Campden GL55 6AT England
From Snowhill we head past the lavender fields and Broadway Tower to the delightful market town of Chipping Campden, the centre of the Arts and Crafts Movement in the Cotswolds. Here, you can browse in the quaint shops or visit the impressive ‘wool church’ and ruined manor house.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Blenheim Palace, Woodstock OX20 1PP England
You return to Oxford, following a beautiful route which offers stunning views through the charming villages of Broad Campden and Blockley, with their thatched cottages.We pass through the busy market town of Moreton-in-Marsh, with its art galleries and antiques shops and then return to Oxford via Chipping Norton and Woodstock, the site of Blenheim Palace (birthplace of Sir Winston) for a brief photo stop.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Oxford Visitor Information Centre, 15-16 Broad St, Oxford OX1 3AS, UK
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.