Craters, Thermal Areas, Caves and Mountains SuperJeep Tour
We leave from Húsavík and drive up to heath Reykjaheiði, through the 2600-year-old lava Þeystareykjahraun and to cave Togarahellir. From there we continue upwards to old craters called Litla-Víti and Stóra-Víti. The way back we follow old trails up to the top of Ht. Húsavíkurfjall where we can enjoy an amazing view over Skjálfandi bay and Kinnarfjöll mountains.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional Guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Husavik, Husavik, Northeast Region
We leave from Húsavík and drive up to heath Reykjaheiði, through the 2600-year-old lava Þeystareykjahraun and to cave Togarahellir. From there we continue upwards to old craters called Litla-Víti and Stóra-Víti. The way back we follow old trails up to the top of Ht. Húsavíkurfjall where we can enjoy amazing view over Skjálfandi bay and Kinnarfjöll mountains.
Pass By: Húsavíkurfjall, Iceland
Squeezing Húsavík towards Skjálfandi Bay, Húsavík Mountain – Húsavíkurfjall in Icelandic – seems to watch over the town and it plays a major role in the landscape, despite the far from impressive elevation of 417 mt a.s.l. In winter it gets covered in an immaculate white cloak while in summer the green slopes become purple for the thousands of blossoming Lupin flowers.
Pass By: Theistareykjarbunga, Iceland
copy from GJ
Pass By: Þeistareykir, Iceland
Þeistareykir is a colourful geothermal area in North-Iceland, much less visited than the well-known geothermal areas up north Mt. Námafjall, Mt. Krafla and Leirhnjúkur, which I have shown you in another travel-blog. Þeistareykir is a very active fumarole area with clay pools and solfataras.
Departure Point :Nesti, Garðarsbraut 2, Húsavík, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
The town center of Húsavík, Or pick up on hotel in the Húsavík area.Call me before departure
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.