Cremona private guided walking tour with the Violin Museum
The itinerary starts with a visit to the Cathedral with its sixteenth-century fresco cycle in the central nave, the great Baptistery in Romanesque style, the famous Torrazzo (the highest masonry bell tower in Europe), the Town Hall with beautiful frescoed rooms and the Militia Lodge. The tour then continues with a pleasant walk in the so-called district of luthiers to see the places where the famous Stradivari lived.
Follow your guide and visit some historical shops in Via Solferino, then walk through the paved Roman road where you can observe up-close two important remains of "cardo" and "decumano" streets, which are situated approx. 4 feet from street level.
Towards the end of the guided tour, head back to the Violin Museum for a visit with an audio-guide. You'll be fascinated by the five centuries old violin-making tradition in Cremona, by the instruments, and the stories you'll discover inside the museum.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- private tour of the city led by an expert guide
- Entry/Admission - Museo del Violino
What's excluded :
- food & drinks
- transportation to the meeting point
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cremona Cathedral, Piazza del Comune 2, 26100 Cremona Italy
The itinerary starts with a visit to the Cathedral with its sixteenth-century fresco cycle in the central nave, and the great Baptistery in Romanesque style
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Casa Nuziale Di Antonio Stradivari, Sede Della Associazione Culturale Stradivariazioni, 26100 Cremona Italy
Get to see the places where the famous Stradivari lived..
Stop At: Museo del Violino, Piazza Guglielmo Marconi, 26100 Cremona Italy
Visit the Violin Museum with an audio-guide: you'll be fascinated by the five centuries old violin-making tradition in Cremona, by the instruments, and the stories you'll discover inside the museum.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Piazza Guglielmo Marconi, 26100 Cremona CR, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- please note that the access to churches can't be guaranteed in case of religious festivities
- please note that - apart from the Violin Museum - this tour does not include entrance to sites which require an entrance fee (in case you decide to visit any of them, otherwise the tour will be only outside)
- the tour will take place even when it's raining. In the event of an exceptionally heavy rain the tour may be cancelled and you will be given a full refund
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- No medical restrictions
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.