Crete Countryside Adventure Small Group Tour with a Local Guide
Journey into the heart of Crete for an unforgettable taste of country life that has barely changed for centuries. Driving through the hills, past dreamy olive groves and ancient ruins, we will take you to secret places that only locals know about. You will be welcomed at a traditional metoxi farm where the shepherd lives like a king, despite having no electricity. Learn his secrets as you enjoy a traditional Cretan lunch amid fresh mountain air and glorious sunshine.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide, roundtrip transportation from meeting point (private vehicle), 1 coffee, 1 iced tea, organic lunch (meat and vegetarian option), 1 glass of wine and shots of raki (a local spirit)
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kritsa, Kritsa, Lasithi Prefecture, Crete
Walk around the traditional village of Kritsa, where we will stop for a coffee at a kafeneio (local café) and the women’s cultural cooperative for local sweets
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kroustas, Kroustas, Lasithi Prefecture, Crete
Our next stop leads you into the mountains and ancient forest of Kroustas, away from the hustle and bustle of the resort towns on the coast. We will discover hidden churches and ancient water irrigation channels as we drive, stopping to admire stunning vistas.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Lasithi, Greece
We will do some foraging for local herbs to take home to make a fresh cup of herb tea.
Our next stop is at a shepherd’s hut! He will greet us in his unique metoxi (a typical Greek shepherd’s hut only found in remote areas of the country) and with our help cook a farm to table organic Cretan meal.
Enjoy your meal under the shade of trees at the shepherd’s hut.
After a memorable day exploring the wilds of ancient Greece, it is time to take you back on the road towards civilisation.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :1: Plaka Marina, Plaka 721 00, Greece
2: Elounda, Greece
3: Agios Nikolaos, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
Plaka: At 9:45am at Agia Marina church, next to Blue Palace hotel. Elounda: At 9:55am at the square and roundabout at the church side. Agios Nikolaos: At 10:15am at the bridge in front of the tourist information office.
Departure Time :9:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear comfortable shoes for walking, and bring a hat and sunscreen in the summer months.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour.
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 6 people.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: Your tour promotes rural tourism, which supports deep-rooted traditions and local economies that don't generally benefit from tourism.
- On this tour you will meet a local shepherd in his remote hut where you'll learn about a traditional culture and a way of living that could be lost if not preserved.
- By experiencing an organic Cretan lunch cooked by the shepherd, you are helping to support him financially.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.