Croatian Homeland War, private day tour
We present to you a trip that will rival any trip you’ve been on before. An incredible opportunity to experience the city in a brand-new way, visiting important locations from the War period, amazing and authentic exhibits, interactive displays and so much more are available to you in our carefully crafted tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - The Museum of Army Collections from the Croatian Homeland War
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Museum of Army Collections from the Croatian Homeland War, Turanj ul., Karlovac 47000 Croatia
The excursion will begin with private transport from Zagreb with English-speaking drivers, which will first take us to the city of Karlovac. Once arriving in Karlovac, we will continue 4 kilometres from the city centre to the Turanj district, where we will find the Museum of the Homeland War. This will be our first stop, where we will receive an expert museum guide who will teach us about how the War in Croatia started, and show us what life was like during the four years of the War for the residents of Karlovac.
The museum is incredibly interactive, with loads of digital content, such as animations and films, as well as artefacts sourced from the time of the war, all of which we are sure will create a lasting memory. Just outside, located in the Museum’s courtyard, is a vast collection of vehicles from the war to discover. We will also find a brigadier and veteran of the Homeland War, who will fascinate us with his personal tales from the War; this we believe is an incredibly unique experience of our tour, as this brigadier had been involved in the defence of Karlovac throughout the war.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: 23207, Turanj, Croatia
Our tour will continue to some great locations from the War. We will begin in Turanj, an will continue to Sv. Doroteja, Martinščak and Ladvenjak, locations from the Croatian front line, and to Jelaši which was on the opposite site. Many battles took place in these locations that were very important for the defence of the city of Karlovac and its people, and for all of Croatia.
During the summer months, we also can offer a ride in Pinzgauer truck as part of the tour.
We couldn’t visit the beautiful city of Karlovac and not take advantage of this! We’ll be taking a walk around the city during the tour, in particular around a set of old stone walls that used to be part of a fort which was once named The Star. And as our return to Zagreb is not scheduled until 6:00pm, you will also be allowed ample time for lunch in Karlovac.
All-in-all, we’ve crafted a trip that is interesting, unusual, and above all else, a really great day out that will stay in your memories for a very long time.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We do Hotel/apartment pick-up and drop-offAirports
- Pleso Airport, Zagreb Croatia
Departure Time :3/4/2020 - 10/21/2021
Tuesday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 01:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.