Cross-Country Ski Lesson for Beginners in Tromso
Once in Norway you cannot leave without trying our national sport!
This trip is a skiing course, conducted in a scenic surrounding and relaxed atmosphere for the ones who have never tried cross country skiing before.
We ski in flat terrain, mostly on prepared trails on the top of Tromsøya island, only 5 minutes drive from the city center.
At first we teach basic techniques and begin to ski in a flat area.
By the end of the tour you can challenge yourself on small hills and you should be able to practice your new skills on your own later on.
per adult from
What's included :
- Ski instructor
- Transport to and from Tromsø city centre
- Cross country skis, ski boots and ski poles
- Hot drink and lefse, local sweet snack.
What's excluded :
- Winter clothes - but these can be rented separately at Tromsø Outdor Rental Center upon prior arrangement. Come in good time before the trip starts, you will find us on Sjøgata 14, open daily 9am-5pm. Hotel pick up and drop off is not available on this tour.
Once in Norway you cannot leave without trying our national sport
Now is your opportunity to learn to cross country ski in a scenic environment and relaxed atmosphere.
A guide – ski instructor will teach you how to put the ski on, off, fall down, get up, walk and run with skis.
Gaining some practice you will challenge yourself with small hills.
After the tour many of our guests rent skis to practice cross country skiing on their own.
Great fun at all times!
Departure Point :Fredrik Langes gate 4, 9008 Tromsø, Norway
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- IMPORTANT: Please advise shoe size (european) in the special requirements field at check out. If you fail to provide this information your booking may be cancelled.
- In case we have no snow in the area alternative activity or full refund of the tour costs will be offered.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- As the weather can change rapidly in Northern Norway to join this tour it is obligatory to wear warm and windproof clothes. Winter clothes are not included in the price of the tour, but can be rented separately at our rental center upon prior arrangement.
- From mid-February onward the sun can be surprisingly strong, especially because of the reflecting snow, so we recommend you also bring sunglasses and sun cream with you.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.