Cross-Country Ski Rental in Lake Tahoe
Discover the beauty of Northern California’s famed mountains and propel yourself across snow covered terrain and backcountry trails in Lake Tahoe with a cross-country ski rental. With your choice of two rental locations minutes from some of South Lake Tahoe’s best resorts for groomed tracks, you can be outfitted by professionals and on the slopes in no time. Once fitted and equipped with high-quality cross-country skis, boots and bindings, tour through snowy backcountry for views of the surrounding mountains or the lake thousands of feet below.
per adult from
1 to 3 days
What's included :
- Professional staff who will match you with equipment that best suits your measurements and ability
- Brochures & maps of local ski resorts
- Boots, bindings, poles and skis
- Refurbishing fee (R.E.F.
What's excluded :
- Trained staff will help ensure a proper fit for your bindings and boots, and can advise on the best trails for your skill level. If you’d prefer to leave the bulky gear at home, you can rent winter clothing and purchase cold-weather accessories when picking up your rentals. By pre-booking, you can make sure there is a pair of skis with your name on it, even on clear brisk days when cross-country rentals fly off the shelves. After being fitted and receiving the skis and poles, pick up a pamphlet of the surrounding area and get ready to explore.
The Kirkland Resort offers 50 miles (80 kilometers) of groomed trails, located just ¼-mile (.4 kilometers) east of Kirkwood’s alpine ski and snowboard runs. The diverse terrain affords plenty of opportunity for excellent skiing for all abilities, and the open meadow reveals striking views of the surrounding mountains. If you catch a chill from your time frolicking in the varied landscape, the meadow section of the trail has a warming hut for cold days.
If you prefer lake views to wide open space, head to Heavenly’s Adventure Peak, accessed by a relaxing gondola ride. The three miles (five kilometers) of cross-country trails frequently cut into wooded areas and open to views of the clear blue waters of Lake Tahoe 3,000-feet (914-meters) below. You may spy a few snowshoers while gliding your way through backcountry, however Heavenly offers separate trails for cross-country skiers, with tracks for both diagonal stride and skating.
Once you’ve had your fill of exploring the groomed tracks and backcountry wilderness of Lake Tahoe’s less traveled trails, you can return your equipment to your rental point.
Departure Point :1133 Ski Run Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150, USA
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- There is no additional charge for renting the night before (between 3pm - 7pm)
- Need winter sports clothing or accessories? Rent jackets, pants and helmets for additional fees. Gloves, hats and goggles are available for purchase only.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.