Crossing the highlands: From Cusco to Puno or Viceversa - Private tour
Explore the Andes and enjoy visiting the Sixtine Chapel of America, the Raqchi ruins, Pukara town.
Minimum: 2 people.
per adult from
What's included :
- Entrace tickets
- Private transportation
- Private Tour guide
- Entry/Admission - San Pedro Apostol de Andahuaylillas
- Entry/Admission - Parque Arqueologico De Raqchi
- Entry/Admission - Museo Litico Pukara
What's excluded :
- WiFi on board
- Inclutions not mentioned
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: San Pedro Apostol de Andahuaylillas, Calle Tacna No 302, Andahuaylillas 08210 Peru
We will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco, early in the morning.
This trip will take you through what was in the past known as "La ruta del Sol". When leaving the city of Cusco, the first stop will be in Andahuaylillas, a small and cozy town; but what makes it great is its church of the virreinal era, inside which is an artistic jewel. Paintings on the walls and ceilings of the church give life, admiration, and are enriched with golden altarpieces to the gold leaf. Without a doubt, the San Pedro Apostle Church of Andahuaylillas will impress you.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Parque Arqueologico De Raqchi, San Pedro Peru
Later, on a longer trip you will go to Raqchi, a community in whose heart still preserves Inca walls of what was the temple to the god of the gods of the Incas: Wiraqocha. Its streets and terraces are extraordinary. Very close to this place, you will have lunch, in the middle of the typical nature of the area.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: La Raya Pass, Peru
Continuing with this adventure, you will reach the border between Cusco and Puno, and having a stop you will appreciate a snowy mountain. You will notice that from this point the vegetation of crops will be stop and will give way to the wild vegetation.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Museo Litico Pukara, Plza de Armas, Pucara Peru
Later, looking towns and communities during the way, you will arrive Pukará. This place awaits a lithic museum; but that is not the only fame of this town; in fact the true fame are the ceramic sculptures of some "bulls" known as "Toritos de Pukará". We are sure that in the city of Cusco you were able to appreciate many of these sculptures, and its place of origin is precisely this town.
At the end of the day, finally you will arrive in the city of Puno, a city located on the shores of Lake Titicaca.
Note: This tour can start from the city of Puno and end in the city of Cusco. Visiting the attractions in the reverse order.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up you from your hotel in Cusco. If you decide to start in Puno, we will pick up you from From to Cusco.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.