Cruise Ship Special ex Hobart: Mt Wellington, Richmond, Bonorong with free WiFi
This product is specifically designed for Cruise Ship passengers. Land-based passengers should book through product 13015P1 for the same itinerary.
From the wharf, you will drive to the 1,270-metre (4,167ft) peak of Mt Wellington for spectacular views over Hobart.
The tour then follows the scenic Coal River to the heritage town of Richmond to discover the secrets of Tasmania's convict history. Finally, visitors will see kangaroos, wallabies, wombats and Tasmanian Devils at the Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary.
Food and refreshments are available at Bonorong and at the Bakery in Richmond.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned small bus or luxury coach
- Free WiFi available on bus
- Entry/Admission - Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks (available for purchase at Bonorong and Richmond)
- Entry/Admission - Richmond Gaol
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Wellington, Pinnacle Road, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
The cruise ship day tour departs from Hobart to drive up through south Hobart towards the summit of Mt Wellington. Here you will enjoy breathtaking views of greater Hobart, the Tasman Bridge, the Derwent River, Bruny Island, the D’Entrecasteaux Channel and the Huon Valley. If weather doesn’t permit views from the summit the group has the option to visit a lower viewing point at Mt Nelson Signal Station which offers equally stunning views of Hobart, the Derwent River and Channel. You will have approximately 30 minutes to take in the view and take the perfect photograph.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Richmond Gaol, 37 Bathurst St, Richmond, Clarence, Tasmania 7025 Australia
Next, you will travel through the beautiful Coal River Valley to the historic town of Richmond. Here you can gain more insight into the early convict days that preceded Port Arthur at the oldest goal in Tasmania and see the oldest convict constructed sandstone bridge still in use in Australia. Just nearby there is also the stunning sandstone St. John’s Catholic Church, the oldest Catholic Church in Australia. You will get the opportunity to wander around and explore the quaint little hamlet of Richmond with its numerous old and heritage-listed buildings, galleries, antique shops and visit Old Hobart Town, a garden model display of Hobart as it was in the 1820s.
You will have 60 minutes in Richmond, enough time to grab a quick snack at the bakery, hotel or café, We DO NOT recommend having a sit-down meal as you will miss out on exploring all that this beautiful town has to offer.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, 593 Briggs Rd, Brighton, Tasmania 7030 Australia
From Richmond, you journey out to Brighton to visit the iconic Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary. Here you can get up close and personal with some of Tasmania’s native wildlife, including its unique Tasmanian Devil, Wombats, Koalas, Quolls, Possums, Echidnas and a large range of bird species. Meet their mob Kangaroos and Wallabies and we recommend a conversation with Fred, the sulphur crested cockatoo, who is over 103 years old!
You will then be returned to Hobart (only a 30-minute drive) well in time for your cruise ship departure.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Mac 2, 18 Hunter St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Meeting point is next to the information desk within the cruise terminal between 9:00 am and 9:30 am, for departure by 10:00 am. Our staff will be wearing bright green tunics for ease of identification. Groups need to arrive together in order to be seated on the same bus. As buses are filled, they depart.Ports
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please note: This product is designed specifically for cruise ship passengers and is restricted to days when cruise ships are docking in Hobart. Land-based visitors and passengers wanting to book a small-group tour, should book this same tour using product 13015P1.
- Please report to the meeting point as soon as possible for early departure, no later than 9:45am. The departure time will be adjusted for ships arriving later. Groups should arrive together in order to be seated on the same bus.
- A small amount of walking is involved.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult as child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated, providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Children under the age of 4 are not permitted on this tour. Families with toddlers are encouraged to Charter a small vehicle- refer product 13015P20.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.