Crypts, ancient aqueducts and skeletons
An experience to learn about the true essence of Rome's underground areas. We will visit:
The Capuchin Crypt
A cemetery literally built from bones! The rooms are decorated with the remains of about 4,000 friars. The message at the end of the crypt reads: "What we were, you are now. What we are now, you will be."
The Virgin aqueduct
In Rome, as many as 11 aqueducts arrived, an enormous quantity that was equaled only in modern times.
We will take you to the basement of a shopping center to visit the ancient aqueduct and then we'll see where the water comes out, in the famous Trevi fountain.
The basement of the Basilica of San Nicola in prison
A secret place that few know. This delightful church was built in the 10th century on three temples dating back to the 1st century BC
Most of the original temples, including their marble columns, have been incorporated into the structure of the current basilica, but are still visible.
per adult from
What's included :
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Nicola in Carcere
- Entry/Admission - Museum and Crypt of Capuchins
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Basilica di San Nicola in Carcere, Via del Teatro Marcello 46, Rome Italy
Travelers will visit the Basilica of San Nicola in Carcere, which in the basement preserves two ancient alleys and the remains of three republican temples.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Museum and Crypt of Capuchins, Via Vittorio Veneto 27, 00187 Rome Italy
Travelers will visit the crypt of the Capuchin friars, a graveyard of friars who, in respect of their beliefs, have made fun of human remains, creating chandeliers and furnishings with bones, reflecting that it is not important the material aspect of an individual, but the spiritual one.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Trevi Fountain, Piazza di Trevi, 00187 Rome Italy
We will visit the Trevi fountain which is the terminal exhibition (final fountain) of the Virgin aqueduct.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Acquedotto Vergine, Via del Nazareno, 9, Rome Italy
We will visit the Virgin aqueduct both in via del Nazzareno, where it crossed the modern road axis and the arcades, now underground, in the basement of a large commercial warehouse.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Colonna Traiana, Via dei Fori Imperiali, Rome Italy
We will visit from below the Trajan column that recounts the war of the Romans in Dacia (Current Romania).
Pass By: Complesso del Vittoriano, Via di San Pietro in Carcere 1, 00186 Rome Italy
From the outside we will see the complex of the Vittoriano, today the altar of the Fatherland, which rises to the slopes of the Capitol.
Pass By: Teatro di Marcello, Via Del Teatro De Marcello, Rome Italy
We will pass under the theater of Marcello, an extraordinary and little-known structure, very reminiscent of the Colosseum.
Departure Point :San Nicola in Carcere, Via del Teatro di Marcello, 46, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :4:30 PM
Return Detail :Barberini, 00187 Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.