Crystal River Manatee Swim or Boat Ride from Orlando
An excellent opportunity to escape from the theme parks and see the real Florida... Get up-close with the gentle manatee and see the beauty of Crystal River as you explore the Homosassa State Wildlife Park. This tour is nature at its best!
After picking up guests in International Drive, Lake Buena Vista and Kissimmee we head to Crystal River. Bagged breakfast is provided to eat enroute. Crystal River is the only area of Florida where you can snorkel / swim in the rivers where manatees live in the wild.
Following a safety briefing and collecting your mask, snorkel & fins (wetsuits can be hired for a fee) you board the boat onto the river. You do not have to swim or snorkel and again enjoy the boat ride looking for nature alone should you prefer.
When manatees are spotted you can get into the river should you wish, get some great photos.
Enjoy lunch at a local cafe, before spending the afternoon at the State Park. See rescued native wildlife. True Florida!
per adult from
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Use of snorkel equipment, mask, snorkel and fins.
- River cruise to look for the manatees
- Admission into Homosassa State Park
- Entry/Admission - Crystal River National Wildlife Refuge
- Entry/Admission - Homosassa River
- Entry/Admission - Crystal River
What's excluded :
- Wetsuits (available to hire)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Crystal River National Wildlife Refuge, 1502 SE Kings Bay Dr, Crystal River, FL 34429-4661
The boat will drive into the wildlife refuge where you will hope to see wild manatees on the river. You will be on the boat at least 90 mins.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Homosassa River, 10200 W Halls River Rd, Homosassa, FL 34448-3411
We will visit the State Park at Homosassa. You will walk around the State Park and see the animals and view the manatees in the underwater viewing chamber at this hospital facility for injured manatees
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Crystal River, FL
Depart Orlando for the manatee's home of Crystal River. On the way, you will be provided breakfast bags so not a minute of your vacation time is wasted. Upon arrival at the picturesque Crystal River, you will enjoy a fabulous narrated boat tour. On your cruise, you will be given masks and snorkels and you are encouraged to swim alongside these friendly creatures under the guidance of certified dive masters.
The manatees are an endangered species and the have come to the Florida springs year-round to find shelter and food. In the winter months the manatee population can reach several hundred and during summer, the average count is 80. These are "gentle giants" in the water and actually have no teeth. During your cruise, you may have the chance to be filmed underwater with the manatees and then purchase the video.
After your cruise, you will be provided with a hot lunch and then you will head to Homosassa State Wildlife Park, famous throughout Florida for the rehabilitation of injured animals. It is here you’ll have the chance to see the current manatee residents at the park during an informative and entertaining feeding session with one of the park rangers. You’ll also see bears, panthers, alligators and even a hippopotamus as you explore the rest of the park.
Roundtrip transportation from the Orlando area and the assistance of a driver-guide throughout your day is also included.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :1: Orlando, Orlando, Florida
2: Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive, 5905 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819, USA
3: Rosen Inn International, 7600 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819, USA
4: Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, 9000 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819, USA
5: 12521 FL-535, Orlando, FL 32836, USA
6: Disney's All-Star Music Resort, 1801 W Buena Vista Dr, Orlando, FL 32830, USA
7: Maingate Lakeside Resort, 7769 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747, USA
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- A small amount of walking is involved at your leisure through the State Park
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- We politely request that you refrain from taking this tour should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19. Gray Line Orlando is based in Orange County where face masks are required inside business venues. Therefore, are required inside vehicles. Please bring one.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.