Cueva Ventana Night Exploration
Experience the sounds and natural music of the local wildlife at night as you venture into a cave atop a limestone or haystack mountain (mogote) in Arecibo, Puerto Rico on a 45 minute to 1 hour tour. The cave is accessible through a hiking trail and a certified Biologist provides a unique and exclusive experience of the island with great information on Taino culture and expert knowledge of the surrounding ecosystem of Puerto Rico.
Includes: Roundtrip transportation, bottles of water, light snacks and entrance ticket.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Use of helmet
- Professional Biologist
- Entry/Admission - Aventura Cueva Ventana
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Aventura Cueva Ventana, Road PR10, KM 75 Beside Puma gas station, Arecibo 00612 Puerto Rico
Enjoy our pick-up locations at the Isla Verde Courtyard by Marriott, El Alambique Restaurant near the Water Beach Club Hotel, La Ventana al Mar in between La Concha Hotel and the Condado Vanderbilt, and the Sheraton Convention Center. Also, an informative 55-minutes drive approximately from San Juan to Arecibo. Bathrooms available at property entrance.
Approximately a 50-minutes guided tour through light hiking trails with one sided handrails; steep steps access at the caverns entrances and exits. Wear comfortable clothing and closed hiking shoes with good traction. Mosquito repellent (eco-friendly bug spray) recommended. Flashlights with special filters will be provided at the caves’ entrance and slight cooler temperatures expected once inside.
Enjoy nature at its best as you move out of the city life routines and venture into natures’ live growing structures surrounded by plants and unique animals. Appreciate the natural habitat interactions between plants, animals, and humans as you hike through the woods and into the majestic caverns to witness wildlife at its best by night. And, explore the natural wonders of caverns and experience firsthand the conditions
inside these breathtaking ecosystems at night.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please contact us for any doubts about your location and our van is easy to spot as it is very colorful and with our logo.
Departure Time :4:45 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide (Spanish and English)
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.