Cultural Safari Tour from Punta Cana
Venture for a half or full day of new experiences - a true Dominican cultural exchange. Resorts are relaxing and wonderful without a doubt, but there is so much more to be offered! Country Express gives you the opportunity to see more of the Dominican Republic with a knowledgeable guide to assist you along the way.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch (full-day option only)
- Unlimited drinks (open bar)
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Basilica Catedral Nuestra Senora de la Altagracia
- Entry/Admission - Macao Beach
What's excluded :
- DVD (available to purchase)
- $1 Higuey entrance fee
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Basilica Catedral Nuestra Senora de la Altagracia, Higuey Dominican Republic
Next you'll enter Higuey to visit the Basilica, a Roman Catholic Cathedral dedicated to Lady Altagracia, the patron saint of the Dominican Republic, To enter and walk around this famous, impressive structure.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Macao Beach, Punta Cana 23000 Dominican Republic
On the way to the beach you'll visit a local school, learn about the school system and understand more about the childrens' day to day life. Your tour guide can answer questions while you take a look from outside, as they wouldn't want to interrupt. Moving from the country, head to the famous Macao Beach, giving you a well-rounded experience of this truly eclectic country. Spend almost an hour swimming in the gorgeous water and enjoy the scenery. Refreshments are available and make sure to take lots of pictures. You don't get to see this incredible aquamarine colored water just anywhere! As your cultural experience comes to an end, take time to reflect on what you learned and your new appreciation for Dominican culture.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Anamuya 23000, Dominican Republic
From here you visit the butterfly garden. Wander around while the delicate butterflies flutter about, and learn more about the breeding process. Next you get to see a live demonstration of chocolate making! Ask questions, try samples and definitely buy some of this delicious treat to take home with you. You also have the chance to browse the gift shop and purchase other great gifts like cigars and mamajuana.
Next you'll enter Higuey to visit the Basilica, a Roman Catholic Cathedral dedicated to Lady Altagracia, the patron saint of the Dominican Republic. Enter and walk around this famous, impressive structure. From here, make way back into the countryside to enjoy a buffet style Dominican lunch overlooking gorgeous mountain scenery, if full-day option selected. With bellies full of rice, beans and meat, take a quick visit to the river to relax for a minute. Sit by the water and take advantage of the view for some great pictures!
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We contact you one day before to confirm you you exact pick up time
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.