Cultural Tour + Lunch
This experience for the senses is perfect to show you the production process of Sugar Cane and its derivatives, a strong economic activity in the north of the country since 1800’s. You will try the "Trapiche", an interactive demonstration on the ancient way of extracting the juice of the sugar cane, with the help of our ox "Puntalito", one of the most important elements of this exhibition.
Visit the Casita del Sabanero, which recreates the lifestyle of the authentic Costa Rican Sabanero. Walk inside our wood stove and take a little strut, webbed tortillas, tanelas and donuts accompanied by an unforgettable and world-famous Costa Rican coffee, which will be the highlight of this show for the senses.
per adult from
What's included :
- Natural soda
- Tasting of cane spirit
- Entry/Admission - Hacienda El Viejo Wetlands
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hacienda El Viejo Wetlands, 10 miles East from Filadelfia, Area de Conservacion Guanacaste Costa Rica
In the middle of the Guanacastean savanna, surrounded by sugarcane crops and the most important river in the blue zone of Costa Rica, we find Hacienda el Viejo, with a house of more than 150 years old and the first experience of Costa Rum Rica Feel the contact with the earth and our roots, prepare your senses to listen, see, smell, touch and savor the whole process of extracting and cooking the juice of the cane in an artisanal way, until you reach the distiller where we will get the first spirits and of highest purity. The Rickhouse awaits you with your
oak barrels, which age and improve the flavors of our Ron Sabandi every day. Taste freshly distilled alcohol, aged Sabandí rum and learn to notice its characteristics and differences. Enjoy the end of the tour with a delicious cocktail and breathtaking views of our lagoon, enjoying the birds and the calm of one of the most emblematic haciendas of the last century in the North Pacific of Costa Rica
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Hacienda El Viejo Wetlands, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.