Cultural Tour To Vaikom Village
Guided Tour Visit the Quaint Village of Vaikom and Experience the Simplicity of Kerala Village Life. You will be welcomed by your representative and private guide at the port. Your fascinating day starts with a picturesque private car journey through the countryside to Vaikom village. A walk through the village, interaction with local villagers and their families. See how they produce hand-spun and hand-woven cloths to earn their livelihoods. After a canoe ride and a walk through the village, you will stop briefly at the Khadi Weaving Centre to see villagers produce hand-spun and hand-woven cloth out of cotton, silk or wool yarns. Ladies weave coir ropes from dried coconut husks and you will see straw mats being woven out of wild pineapple leaves. Watch the local potter create a range of pots and vases, depicting ethnic designs in clay. You will enjoy a traditional Kerala lunch, afterwards, if time allows, you can spend some more time around the village.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vaikom, Vaikom, Kottayam District, Kerala
VAIKOM MAHADEVA TEMPLE is located at Vaikom, about 40 km awaya from Kottayam. The Mahadeva Temple at Vaikom is one of the most famous and oldest Siva temples in Kerala. Backwater cruise by open country boat through natural narrow canals: This is a relaxing cruise giving an opportunity to enjoy local water lives like fishes, water snakes, shell fishes, tortoises, frogs, etc. After a canoe ride, a walk through the village, you will stop briefly at the Khadi Weaving Centre to see villagers produce hand-spun and hand-woven cloth out of cotton, silk or wool yarns. In the village center, you will also see how the local people earn their livelihoods. Ladies weave coir ropes from dried coconut husks, and you’ll see straw mats being woven out of wild pineapple leaves. Watch the local potter create a range of pots and vases, depicting ethnic designs in clay. You will be invited inside a local house for a chance to interact with the family members, also have a Kerala lunch in a traditional way. After lunch, if time allow you can spend some more time around the village.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :CPT Junction Bus Stop, Willingdon Island, Kochi, Kerala 682029, India
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.