Culture, Cobblestones and Clotted Cream
Join me on your very own micro adventure for two (or three!) where wonder leads to wandering and life is a little more delicious with some local Devon food! Inspired by the abundance of quirky facts and hidden gems dotted all around the city, be prepared for a micro-adventure of culture, creativity & deliciousness, wrapped up in a blanket of fun.
History oozes from the cobblestones in Plymouth but you don’t have to be a history buff to enjoy what this amazing city has to offer. We’ll wander off the beaten track, sails the seas on a cute little ferry, and have plenty of opportunities for photographs!
We will be out in fresh air for the whole of this experience... social distancing and keeping safe.
Allow 3-4hrs for this experience, to include food and make it your own!
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Ferry Transportation
- Snacks - A cold drink and yummy sweet or savoury treat!
- Entry/Admission - Plymouth Boat Trips
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages - All food and drink is purchased as required by the individual guest
- Tips and Gratuities
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hoe Park, 4 Osborne Place Lockyer Street, Plymouth PL1 2PU England
We'll explore the statues, monuments and people who are commemorated here: Sir Francis Drake, Sir Conan Doyle, The Beatles & Lady Astor to name but a few.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: The Barbican, Plymouth England
We'll wander through the cobblestoned streets hearing stories of merchants, pirates and gin and perhaps partake in a Devon Cream Tea, a tasty tipple of local gin or try a famous pasty!
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Plymouth Boat Trips, 2/4 Commercial Wharf, Madeira Rd, Plymouth PL1 2NX, UK
Set sail on the ferry towards (or from) the Royal William Yard and see the city from a new perspective. This 20 minute boat ride takes you past Tinside Pool, The Wedding Cake, Drakes Island and Firestone Bay before reaching the Grade 1 listed buildings of the Royal William Yard. We will also take the ferry to Mount Edgecombe ... either before, or after visiting the Royal William Yard.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Royal William Yard, Plymouth PL1 3RP England
Wander through this regenerated spectacle ~ a jewel in Plymouth's crown ~ hearing tales of it's rise to fame. Indulge in a culinary treat at the local Column Bakery or the Hutong or perhaps enjoy a glass of wine in the delightful local wine bar Le Vingnoble.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Mount Edgcumbe House and Country Park, Mount Edgcumbe House, Torpoint PL10 1HZ England
Having taken the ferry to Mount Edgecombe guests will have the opportunity to walk through the gardens of this country estate and (if wanted) visit the house itself. Alternatively, there will be an opportunity to stop for refreshments at the Orangery or the Stables for a freshly made Clotted Cream Tea or other gastronomical delights as required.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: Royal William Yard, Stonehouse, Plymouth PL1 3RN, UK
2: Smeaton's Tower - currently closed, W Hoe Rd, Plymouth PL1 2NZ, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
I can meet guests at the entrance to the Royal William Yard or at Smeaton's Tower on Plymouth Hoe, depending where you are staying - the tour can start or finish from either point. Get in touch to arrange a meeting place or pick up from your accommodation.
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :1: Smeaton's Tower - currently closed, W Hoe Rd, Plymouth PL1 2NZ, UK
2: Royal William Yard, Stonehouse, Plymouth PL1 3RN, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- This experience is outdoor and will comply with the governments advice regarding social distancing measures
- This experience is solely for you as an individual or couple from the same family or travelling companions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.