Cycling Adventure in Marrakech
I am the founder of the social educative non profit project Pikala ( i'm originally from the Netherlands). We use the bicycle to give free education and opportunities for Moroccan youth to become bicycle guides or bicycle Mechanics. Morocco has a very young population but often you do not get to know them when you visit the country. I have trained talented youth to give tourists a personal introduction into the moroccan Culture and to hear more stories of this new generation of Morocco.
per adult from
3 hours 15 minutes
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Snacks - We offer Juices and moroccan sweets in a cafe stop
- We offer Bike, Helmet and a hat
What's excluded :
In this bicycle tour, our non profit project Pikala, gives you the experience to discover Marrakech on a bicycle. Your bicycle guides will be local young Moroccans who are trained by pikala and will introduce you to the Moroccan daily life and give you more explanation about growing up in Morocco, the importance of the family and how to deal with religion and modernisation.
You will cycle through different neighbourhoods of Marrakech like the historical city centre 'Medina' and the new town 'Gueliz'. On our way we will pass some of the highlights of the city like the Koutoubia, the Kasbah and the Agdal gardens, but even more important is to take you to parts of the city where you wouldn't normally come.
You will visit a local public bakery and a old traditional bathhouse called the Hammam. Juice and sweets are included in the tour at the very special cross cultural "cafe clock", visit the enormous second hand market and finish with a visit the tumb of one of the seven Saints of Marrakech.
Please cycle with us and support our social project!
It's healthy, fun and a unique experience!
Departure Point :29 Avenue El Glaoui, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Cycling is one of the sportive activities recommended during Covid-19. It helps to respect the social distancing while discovering the city. All our guides are prepared and trained by our NGO to respect deal and follow the Covid-19 safety measurements.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.