Cycling - Pileta Cave & Jimera - 25km - Moderate Level
This moderate cycling route includes visits to two historic cave sites in the limestone mountains close to Ronda.
The Cueva del Gato or “Cat Cave”, named for the shape of the cave mouth in the mountain, is a local beauty spot. Each day, thousands of litres of very cold water exit the cave via a waterfall to create a stunning water pool.
The Pileta Cave is located deep inside the limestone mountains and contains prehistoric cave paintings, stalactites and rock formations (guided tour, entry €10).
The cycling route uses a combination of roads and tracks and you will enjoy fabulous views across miles of craggy limestone mountains. The climb to the Pileta cave is long but generally fairly steady and the final descent is long, fast, twisting and fun.
We finish in the hamlet of Jimera estacion, where there is time for optional refreshments before we return to Ronda in our minibus.
per adult from
What's included :
- Water Bottle
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Pileta Cave Guided Tour €10 p.p.
Visit two limestone cave sites on a bike ride through the countryside. Cycle to the "Cat Cave", a local beauty spot with waterfall and crystal clear water pol. Continue up into the mountains to visit the Pileta Cave - see prehistoric cave paintings and stalactites deep inside the mountain.
• Cueva de la Pileta, Carretera MA-8401, 29370 Benaojan Spain
Departure Point :Estacíon de Ronda Adif, Av. Andalucía, 31, 29400 Ronda, Málaga, Spain
Traveler pickup is offered
We arrange all our pickups to be as convenient as possible from Ronda hotels or locations near to where you are staying. Pickup will be arranged by email after confirmation of your booking.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.