Cycling - Ronda to Olvera (road) - 43km - Moderate Level
Cycle from Ronda via small white villages to the hilltop town of Olvera; this cycling route uses mainly quiet roads throughout.
We pass through the small village of Arriate and on to the unusual village of Setenil de las Bodegas. Setenil sits in the narrow gorge eroded by
the Rio Trejo river and is famous for its cave-houses, built into the limestone rock walls of the river valley hundreds of years ago. Many of the cave-houses are still used today (with a few modifications) as shops, houses and bars. We generally stop for a quick coffee here before riding up out of the river valley, past dramatic limestone cliffs and on through farmland to the small village of Torre Alhaquime. A final climb takes us through the hills to finish at Olvera. This imposing hilltop town boasts a large Arab fortress and huge, twin-towered Renaissance church, visible for miles around. There is time for optional refreshments here before we return to Ronda in our minibus.
per adult from
What's included :
- Water Bottle
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
This undulating cycling route takes us through the hills and valleys to the north of Ronda and through a series of white villages dotted along the way. You will ride on mainly quiet country roads which wind their way through acres of olive groves and arable farmland. The villages lie low in the valleys or high on hill tops, so the route includes a couple of notable climbs.
Departure Point :Estacíon de Ronda Adif, Av. Andalucía, 31, 29400 Ronda, Málaga, Spain
Traveler pickup is offered
We arrange all our pickups to be as convenient as possible from Ronda hotels or locations near to where you are staying. Pickup will be arranged by email after confirmation of your booking.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.