Cycling to Red Mountain for Wine Tasting from Inle Lake
It is likely that a thriving vineyard may be the last thing travelers expect in Myanmar. But for visitors to Inle Lake, this is gradually becoming a must-do. Red Mountain, which is located on a hill just outside Nyaung Shwe and offers incredible sunset views of Inle Lake, local cuisine, snacks and wine tastings, has become a particular favorite. Joining Wheels and Wine to experience two Shan State favorites: visiting the thriving vineyard and taking a bicycle tour for an incredible half-day trip.
What You'll Do
• Hop on your bike and enjoy a leisurely ride to Red Mountain Estate, where you can taste local wines made from grapes grown on the property’s vineyards.
• Before taking a tour of the winery to see the large variety of reds and whites they produce, explore the streets of Nyaung Shwe.
• Support Burmese people
• Visit a lively morning market or a tomato warehouse
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English-speaking local guide
- Mountain bike and helmet
- Wine tasting at Red mountain estate
- Water and refreshing towel
What's excluded :
- Inle Lake Zone Fee
- Any private transportation
- End of trip gratitude for driver, boatmen, hotels, restaurants, and local guide
- This morning, you will be greeted at your hotel to embark on a half day experience in Nyaung Shwe. Before setting off on a ride through town, first thing you have to do is familiarize yourself with your mountain bike. Although being primarily populated by Shan and Inthar, the gateway to Inle Lake of Nyaung Shwe, with recent development, has become a melting pot of tribes. If you ride in the morning, you can visit a lively market. For afternoon riders, paying a visit to one of many tomato warehouses is also not a bad idea.
Then, you will ride to the outskirts of NyaungShwe, where you can see bamboo precursors instead of concrete buildings. The streets become shadier and farms line the roads. Along the way, you can make a stop for photo opportunities and village visits.
Before you reach Red Moutain Estate, which is a collaboration of local Pa-Oh and a French vintage, a short uphill ride is the final leg. Before settling down at their hilltop restaurant for a tasting, you will take a tour of their wine-making facilities. After that, you will cycle back to Nyaung Shwe.
Time: 0800 – 1200 or 1300 – 1700
Departure Point :Hotels in Inle Lake
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Hotels in Inle Lake
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.