Cycling Tour to Craft Villages
- Cycling is good exercise for your body
- Meeting local people and join their daily activities
- Seeing how they live in the same house with 5 generations
- Admiring how their talented skill of work with carving woods & lacquer
- Having a great tour guide for any questions you have about the tour
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- High standard bike with helmet
- Experienced English-speaking guide, other language is on request.
- Fees for local family activity
- Bottled mineral water and towels
- Travel insurance
What's excluded :
- Gratuity ( optional)
- This tour gives you a great opportunity to explore some unique villages and join in with locals performing some of their daily activities. It is another great chance for families of all ages to experience life in Hoi An together, at the same time supporting the local people who will welcome you to join them and teach you a little about their lives in Vietnam.
Your personal guide will be with you at each step of the tour, to keep you informed of all interesting information.
– 8am/1:30pm Pick up from your hotel in Hoi An or Da Nang
– First stop is Thanh Ha Pottery Village where we will visit a family that has been living in the same house for 5 generations and learn how to make pottery with them.
We will then walk around the village to see how other families live there.
– Next, You will cross the bridge which has a stunning view of the surrounding areas.
We will then stop at another family who specialize in making sleeping mats from reeds. Sleeping mats were a household essential for every Vietnamese family,especially during 20th century. Sadly there are not many mat makers left like these any longer, as people are switching to other kinds of businesses to enable them to earn a better living Whilst we are here, you can challenge yourself and try making one!
– Take a short ride to another artisan family to watch how they make rice paper and noodles. You will learn how to make one yourself and enjoy eating it.
– Lastly, you will see how the extremely skillful and talented local people make wooden fishing boats and wood, lacquer carvings,
Enjoy lunch/dinner at local restaurant and then return to your hotel Drop-off: 12:00/17:45pm.
Departure Point :Hotels in Hoi An or Da Nang city
Departure Time :8AM or 14:00
Return Detail :Hotels in Hoi An or Da Nang city
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.