Cycling - Zahara Lakeside (White Villages) - 48km - Moderate Level
This road cycling route takes us through the heart of the Sierra de Grazalema Natural Park, from the white village of Montejaque, via Grazalema to finish in Zahara de la Sierra. This route to Zahara omits the high mountain Las Palomas pass and finishes instead with a lovely 11km undulating ride along the edge of Zahara’s stunning blue lake.
We take a short drive out to the mountains, up to the village of Montejaque, where we begin our ride. From the village we enjoy miles of small country roads which twist and turn through a rocky gorge and then through extensive cork oak forest. We reach open mountain countryside and make a short climb up to the village of Grazalema. After a quick refreshment break, we enjoy a terrific 13km twisting descent through the mountains to the shores of Zahara lake, then follow the undulating lake road to finish in Zahara village. Time for optional refreshments here before we return to Ronda in our minibus.
per adult from
What's included :
- Water Bottle
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
Beginning in Montejaque village, ride through dramatic mountains and cork oak forest to Grazalema. Ride along Zahara's beautiful lakeside to finish in Zahara village, overlooking the blue waters of the lake.
The three villages you will pass through date from Arab times but all have a distinctly different look and feel: Montejaque is small and sleepy; Grazalema was a wealthier village, built on a large blanket weaving industry, so contains some grand old houses, and Zahara sits dramatically above its startlingly blue lake, with the remains of an Arab fort still dominating the skyline above the village.
Departure Point :Estacíon de Ronda Adif, Av. Andalucía, 31, 29400 Ronda, Málaga, Spain
Traveler pickup is offered
We arrange all our pickups to be as convenient as possible from Ronda hotels or locations near to where you are staying. Pickup will be arranged by email after confirmation of your booking.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.