Czestochowa Black Madonna Private Day Tour from Krakow
The monastery on Jasna Gora hill is one of the most important places of worship in Poland and home to the famous painting of Black Madonna. Jasna Gora is also famous for the historic defense of the monastery during the mid 17th-century Swedish invasion. Take this private tour to experience the Black Madonna in all of its beauty.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- English live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Wi-Fi access in minivan
- Experienced local tour driver and guide
- Tour Guide in English, Italian or Spanish at venue
- Entry/Admission - Our Lady of Czestochowa / The Black Madonna
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Tip for the driver
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Our Lady of Czestochowa / The Black Madonna, Czestochowa Poland
Your tour starts with pickup from your Krakow hotel (if option selected) at a time of your choosing. Traveling in the comfort of a private air-conditioned Mercedes Benz vehicle with an English-speaking driver, set out on the around 2-hour journey to Czestochowa.
On arrival, enjoy a self-guided tour of the Jasna Gora Monastery and Sanctuary, and important Catholic pilgrimage site, where you can visit the shrine of Black Madonna, the Treasury, and the on-site museum. Every year, pilgrims from all around Poland come to Jasna Gora to contemplate the Passion of Christ by following the Stations of the Cross, represented by large bronze statues surrounded by beautiful greenery. Some of the pilgrims even decide to move from one station to the next on their knees.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Krakow Direct Private Tours, Krakow Poland
On return to Krakow, your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pick up from apartments as well.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Tour guide is included only in Jasna Gora Monastery. On the way to Częstochowa you will receive basic information about the region and an assistance of english speaking driver.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Please note that masks are obligatory only in closed public areas such as museums, mines, shops, churches, public transport, etc.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.