Da Westside Explorer Sightseeing Tour - 8 hrs.
Our Westside tour is a unique experience not to be missed. All tours are small for an intimate experience. You will be guided by the owner, Coco Maria, who has over 12 yrs of experience. Our vehicles have nice viewing windows, comfortable seating, and air condition.
Treat yourself and take the day off from driving. Seat back and relax while you marvel at the beauty of Kauai and listen to the fascinating history and legends behind the sites.
We will take you to many iconic places on the West side of Kauai, including some not listed on the maps. You will see the famous Waimea Canyon from various points, visit Waimea Bay, where the first western explorer landed in Hawaii, and the only black sand beach on Kauai. You will shop and eat local, stroll through a historic sugar plantation town, walk across a swinging bridge if you dare, and sample aromatic roasts at the largest coffee plantation in the country.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Letter size map of Kauai
- Entrance fee to Waimea and Kokee State Park
- Entry/Admission - Koke'e State Park
What's excluded :
- Lunch - We will make a 1 hour stop at The Kokee Lodge for lunch.
- Wheelchair accessibility. Our vehicles have no place to stow a wheelchair. Walkers and canes are ok.
- Infant and toddler car seats. if you have one please bring it.
- Entry/Admission - Waimea Canyon State Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hanapepe, Hanapepe, Kauai, Hawaii
In Hanapepe we will stop at the Hanapepe Valley lookout for a few minutes before heading to the old historic part of town where we will take a stroll over the swinging bridge built in 1911, that crosses the Hanapepe River. You will have an opportunity to do some shopping for locally made goods and enjoy a fresh pastry at one of two cafes options.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Waimea Canyon State Park, Waimea Canyon Dr, Waimea, Kauai, HI 96796
Marvel at the majestic Waimea Canyon, the only one of its kind in the Pacific Ocean. At the main lookout you will have plenty of time to walk around, take incredible pictures, and buy some local fruit. Altogether we will make 3 stops in the Waimea Canyon State Park; 2 of them not listed on the maps. You will get amazing picture opportunities from various angles. Last stop in Waimea State Park is the Waipoo Falls lookout; a beautiful 700' waterfall.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Koke'e State Park, Kokee Rd, Hwy 550, Kekaha, Kauai, HI 96796
In the Koke'e State park we will enjoy a one hour leisure lunch at the Koke'e Lodge Restaurant. Their food and drinks are locally sourced, and delicious. After lunch you will have free time to explore the Koke'e museum of natural cultural history, take a stroll through the beautiful grassy field surrounded by Sugi and Redwood pines, and/or go on a short and easy nature walk to learn about the native flora.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Russian Fort Elizabeth State Historical Park, Highway 50, Waimea, Kauai, HI 96766-1875
Get ready for a stop full of history and scenic vistas. We will visit the remains of the Queen Elizabeth Russian Fort, marvel at the Forbidden Island from afar, the picturesque Waimea pier, and the only black sand beach on Kauai, Waimea Bay, where famous explorer, Captain James Cook first landed in 1778 on the Hawaiian Islands.
Get your cameras ready :)
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kauai Coffee Company, 870 Halewili Road, Kalaheo, Kauai, HI 96741
We will visit the largest plantation of coffee growers and roasters in the US and sample over a dozen roasts for free. You will also have time to take a short self guided tour, and do some shopping for Kauai grown coffee beans, and souvenirs. You don't like coffee? Enjoy a cold beverage or ice cream at their snack shop.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :1: Kapa'a Beach Park, 4-1604 Kuhio Hwy, Kapaʻa, HI 96746, USA
2: 7-Eleven, 02-3687 Kaumualii Hwy, Lawai, HI 96765, USA
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Tour needs a minimum of 4 people to go. We will let you know if we don't meet the minimum 3 days before the tour so you can book a different experience or request the same one as a private.
- **COVID19 Disclosure! in an effort to keep everyone safe & healthy we have reduced the capacity of our tours. We encourage you to book a private tour if you are concerned about your health or have an underlying health condition**
- Most travelers can participate
- Must be healthy to participate in this tour. If you are feeling sick or slightly under the weather do not join the tour. If you need to cancel after the 24 hrs prior to the tour we will give you a full refund with a doctors note.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Please bring your own hand sanitizer. If you are feeling the slightest bit sick or under the weather do not participate on this activity.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.