Dacia City Tour with a Visit to Ceausescu's Mansion
Take a seat in the classic Romanian vehicle and embark on a story that will highlight the nostalgia of Romania’s history, experiencing both the positive and negative aspects of Romania’s communist past. You will get a glimpse of what the private life of Ceausescu looked like, by visiting his private mansion in which he stayed for 24 years. We will continue our tour to the Palace of Parliament, one of the most significant sightseeing objectives in Bucharest. At the end, you will visit the Revolution Square, where you will learn more about the last days of communism.
*We recommend a max of 3 persons per booking.
per adult from
What's included :
- Informative, English speaking, friendly private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Excellent value for money
- Private tour is operated with a guide/driver
- Transport by private Dacia vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Palace of Parliament
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ceausescu Mansion, Bulevardul Primaverii No.50 District 1, Bucharest 011975 Romania
You’ll begin your tour with a 9:00 am pickup from your Bucharest hotel/hostel and start our journey back in time to the captivating communism era right from a fascinating Dacia car.
Your private English-speaking guide will take you first to the “Ceausescu Mansion”, also known as the “Spring Palace”, which was for a quarter of a century the private residence of Elena and Nicolae Ceausescu, and of their children, Zoia, Valentin and Nicu. We want you to see how the Romanian dictator lived, not only as a head of state, but more as a person that has his own private life, including his hobbies, regular activities and even his personal art collection.
Next you’ll enjoy lunch (at your own expense), at a rustic restaurant your guide will recommend, where you can enjoy a traditional Romanian culinary experience.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Palace of Parliament, Strada Izvor 2-4, Bucharest 050711 Romania
After having lunch, you’ll return back in time to see the second largest building in the world Parliament’s Palace, home to Romania’s Parliament. If you think ‘BIG’ than you must think about the Parliament’s Palace. The second largest building in the world, People’s Palace remains the masterpiece of the Romanian architectural genius. Its grandeur, shaped by a late neoclassical style will bring you back to the communist period and the overwhelming feeling given by its dimensions will follow you throughout the journey.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Revolution Square (Piata Revolutiei), Calea Victoriei Boulevard, Bucharest Romania
Your tour will continue to the Revolution Square. The square, which contains buildings such as the National Museum of Art of Romania, the University of Bucharest, and the Memorial of Rebirth, highlight a great deal of Romanian history.
After this full day of touring, you’ll end the tour back at your hotel/hostel, where you’ll have a complete understanding of Bucharest’s history during communist Romania.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise specific requirements, if any
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Please note that the car can accommodate max 3 guests (we suggest 2 persons/tour) and we advice to book the same tour for the additional person(s).
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.