Daintree River Sunset Cruise
As the wind tends to drop late in the afternoon, you can observe some of the birds out and about looking for that last meal of the day, or flying down to the water bathing, before retiring for the night.
Large saltwater crocodiles are often seen sun baking in the afternoon sun, tree snakes come out to the edge of the native hibiscus with Ulysses and Cairns Birdwing butterflies often flying over head.
Watching hundreds of Cattle Egrets flying low over the water on their way down river to roost for the night, and the fragrance of some of the Native rainforest tree species flowering, (especially Ylang Ylang, Cananga odorata which tends to disperse their perfume late evening) all add to the river experience.
You then finish your Daintree River birdwatching tour with some magical sunsets, (as with everything, it's up to Mother Nature... but then again Mother Nature has a special interest in the Daintree River).
per adult from
What's included :
- Includes all fees and taxes
- Binoculars, and species lists available
- The boat has retractable roof for sun and rain protection and ponchos are provided if weather requires
- Entry/Admission - Daintree River Cruise Centre
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks are not provided, however you are welcome to bring them aboard.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Daintree River Cruise Centre, 2914 Mossman Daintree Rd, Daintree, Queensland 4873 Australia
The mighty Daintree River is the heart of the Daintree Region. We explore the surrounding rainforest and mangrove systems looking for our unique plants and wildlife including birds, crocodiles, snakes and much more
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Daintree River Wild Watch, Daintree Jetty, Stuart Street, Daintree QLD 4873, Australia
Departure Time :4:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Departure is at 4pm, please arrive 15 minutes early to avoid disappointment.
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.