Dakar City Tour and Goree Island
Today you will enjoy a Dakar city tour to explore this bustling West Africa city with its colorful local markets.
You will also view the impressive African Monument Renaissance,Soumbedioune Market,art galleries before getting onboard for the Goree island excursion.There you will taste a delicious lunch before starting your visit with the slave house museum,some colonial sites and have have a stroll in this nice island.At 4:30pm you will take the ferry boat back to Dakar.The boat ride takes just 25mn
Back in Dakar where a courtesy vehicle will drive you back to your location..
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Tour escort/host
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Start at 8:am.You will take a guided Dakar city tour as an introduction to the city. During the tour you will view some of Dakar’s colorful markets like kermel fruits markets, Sandaga, Soumbedioune art craft and fishing market. The city features beautiful contemporary buildings, combined with historical colonial houses. With a population estimated around three millions Dakar is a vibrant and bustling city with active open-air markets, cafe terraces, and delicious food. It is a shopper's paradise, where exquisite crafts can be found in markets, on the streets, and in stores throughout the city. Among the highlights you will see: The Presidential Palace, Independence square garden, Monument of African renaissance, Old French cathedral, old tren station, the Institut Fondamental d'Afrique Noire Museum (IFAN), which is a cultural and scientific institute in the nations of the former French West Africa. Founded in Dakar, Senegal in 1938, it was headquartered in what is now the building of the IFAN Museum of African Arts. Its charge is to study the language, restore African history, and promote local cultures of the peoples ruled by French colonialism in Africa.
Transfer to Dakar dock around midday and take a Ferry boat to Goree Island. Goree Island is deeply rooted in the history of the slave trade. From the beginning of the sixteenth to the mid-nineteenth century, men, women, and children were gathered on this small piece of land and locked up in cells, before being shipped away to the New World, West Indies and South America. The island was seized by the Portuguese, the Dutch, the French, and the British all of whom participated in the trade. Forts and cannons attest of the island's violent past. Most of the buildings were used as warehouses or slaves' houses, and today many have been turned into museums. You will visit the most famous museum «La Maison des Esclaves, which used to hold up to two hundred captives. You will visit the slave cells and the apartment of the slave dealers upstairs. From the "Door of no Return" countless African caught a last glimpse of their homeland before boarding the slave ships. Another museum to visit is: The historical museum. After our moving and informative tour you will get onbaord the ferry at 4:pm for Dakar and drop you off at your location.
End of the excursion.
Departure Point :1: Dakar, Dakar, Dakar Region
2: Saly, Senegal
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up from any locations in Dakar and in Saly.Airports
- Blaise Diagne Intl. Airport, Dakar Senegal
- Dakar port
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant meals not included
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Dress code is formal
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.