Dakshinkali Pharping Kirtipur Day Tour
Visit Dakshinkali Temple on Tuesday or Saturday for ceremonies held on animal sacrifices.
Visit Pharping - a thriving Newari town which is ancient Buddhist pilgrimage site.
Visit Kirtipur for authentic experience of the Newari culture.
A day to know about Hinduism and Buddhism
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All land transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Tour Guide x 1
- Entry/Admission - Dakshinkali Temple
What's excluded :
- For solo traveller, additional USD 50 is applied.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dakshinkali Temple, Pharping-Kulekhani Road, Dakshinkali 44600, Nepal
Dakshinkali Pharping Kirtipur Tour start at 9am. We will you up from your hotel in Kathmandu then we will drive to Dakshinkali Temple. Dakshinkali Temple is located 22 km, and 45 minutes drive away from Kathmandu. Every Tuesday and Saturday, there will be ceremonies held on animal sacrifices such as cocks and male goats. Dakshinkali Temple is dedicated to Goddess Kali.
We will have lunch around Dakshinkali Temple at local restaurant with special Nepali cuisine at around 12pm. After lunch, we will visit Pharping.
Pharping is 4km away from Dakshinkali Temple. It is 18km away from Kathmandu on the valley rim, on a hilltop with a Buddhist Monastery named Drolma Lhakhang. You will visit more monasteries in Pharping, only if you are interested. At around 3pm, we will drive to to Kirtipur.
Kirtipur is a historic town which has many things to offer like old shrines and temples, old settlements, and old houses. The people here typically dress in old traditional costumes, and you will see many locals working on ancient looms. The Chilamchu Stupa and the temple of Bagh Bhairav are major sights here. You will have great views of Kathmandu from the Shiva Parvati temple.
At 5pm, we will drive back to Kathmandu. Once we drop you at your hotel in Kathmandu, then tour ends.
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
we pick up and drop off from any hotels in Kathmandu valley.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.