Dalla and Twante Pottery Village
Cross Yangon river by ferry to discover the Dalla, then continue to Twante and exploer Twante Pottery village. Cross the Yangon river by local ferry, then take a trishaw and visit to local monastic school. You can make donation if you wish. Then take a visit to Chu Chu workshop and learn how you can turn plastic & garbage into useful product. Take a local taxi to Twante, discover Twante canal and how local produce pottery products.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Cross the Yangon River by local ferry (10 minutes). Upon arrival on the other side, trishaw drivers will take you on country roads through local villages to a monastic school. Here you can meet the children and talk to the teachers (with help of your guide). The head monk do all they can with very limited funds to create a good life for the children, and if you care to make a donation while you are here it will be welcomed for the purchase of school books, blankets, rice, clothing etc. The children are delighted to meet foreigners, and these encounters can be very rewarding for visitors. Next visit is to Chu Chu Workshop, you will see how the plastic bags from the garbage are turned into useful products. Chu Chu members gather plastic bags from the dumping sites and markets in Yangon and work to develop new designs that meet the local and international market demand.
Then take taxi, a 45 minutes’ drive by local taxi will take you to Twante. At one point you will see the famous Twante Canal, the narrow waterway constructed in 1883 to connect the Yangon and Ayeyarwady Rivers, and still in use today. In Twante, after a visit to Shwesandaw Pagoda, take a trishaw to the pottery area where a large part of the population is engaged in pottery production. Walk through the many workshops and observe this very traditional craft. A stroll through the local market should not be missed and a walk to the river side to see how the goods are loaded into the boats. On your way back to the ferry enjoy the views of real local rural life – nothing like the busy streets of Yangon on other side of the river. Return to Yangon.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up travelers at their hotel in Yangon
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.