Dana Point: Kayaking and Hiking Adventure
Jump into a sea kayak and join a local guide to explore Dana Point. Cruise through the calm waters of the harbor, learning about the area’s history along the way. Then shift gears and get ready for a scenic hike to Dana Point Headlands where you’ll learn more about local marine life, stopping at an ocean lookout point for epic views of the Pacific Ocean. A relaxing beach stroll back the starting point caps off your outdoor adventure.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local, English-speaking guide
- Kayak Rental
- Entry/Admission - Dana Point Harbor
- Entry/Admission - The Pilgrim
- Entry/Admission - Ocean Institute
- Entry/Admission - Dana Point Nature Interpretive Center
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dana Point Harbor, 34624 Golden Lantern St, Dana Point, CA 92629-2908
Our Kayak tour starts in Dana Point Harbor, Southern California’s most visited harbour. Stunning boats and historic tall ships can all be found here.
After meeting your guide, you’ll get a brief overview of how to safely enjoy your sea kayaking tour. Once we pick up our kayaking gear, we'll cruise around the harbour and chat about the interesting history and folklore of Dana Point.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: The Pilgrim, 24200 Dana Point Harbor Dr, Dana Point, CA 92629-2723
While kayaking in the harbour we will pass the replica of the actual tall ship that Richard Henry Dana Jr joined and inspired him to write his famous book “Two Years Before the Mast”
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Mission Basilica San Juan Capistrano, 31520 Camino Capistrano, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675, USA
The Mission of San Juan Capistrano was trading with the tall ships that came into the bay of Dana Point. The Pilgrim with Richard Hendy Dana Jr on board was the first of many to come.
Stop At: Ocean Institute, 24200 Dana Point Harbor Dr, Dana Point, CA 92629, USA
Upon returning our kayaks, it’s time to switch gears. We’ll then embark on a scenic hike over to Dana Point Headlands. Along the way, you’ll learn all about the Lantern District, and pass the Ocean Institute to get some insight into local marine life. We'll pause at an ocean overlook point, and end with a stroll on the beach to get back to our starting point.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Dana Point Nature Interpretive Center, 34558 Scenic Dr, Dana Point, CA 92629-2749
During our tour we will visit the visitor centre of the Dana Point Headlands, here we hear how the Pacific Pocket mouse stopped million dollars real estate development in the 1990s.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Pure Watersports - Dana Point, LLC, 34671 Puerto Pl, Dana Point, CA 92629, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- The kayaking is on a beginner level and mostly in the harbor. Please bring some comfortable walking shoes, sun protection, a water bottle and spare clothes that are fine to get a bit wet. When we are kayaking there might get some water on your clothes from the pedal. There is an opportunity to change at the kayak rental and they allow to store your personal belongings. You can safely park your car at the Pure Watersports Kayak Rental. After the kayaking, we will hike in the harbor area. If you would like to enjoy lunch in the area, please let us know and your local guide can give you some suggestions.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures have received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.