Danube tour Day Trip from Belgrade
This tour follows the flow of the mighty Danube and is focused on storytelling connected to the events and sites, "witnesses" of the different epochs.
Set off from Belgrade to the fantastic Golubac Fortress, built on inaccessible cliffs near the widest part of the Danube. Climb up one of the towers of the remarkable fortress, and enjoy the view of the mirror-surface of the Danube from an entirely new perspective.
Your "time machine" tour will bring you back to the Neolithic era, to the prehistoric urban settlement of the archaeological site of Lepenski Vir. This unique museum uncovers information about our ancestors from the VI century BC, their way of life and mindset, proving that ancient Homo sapiens had been way more advanced than we predicted.
The final destination is the Eco-ethno complex "Kapetan Mišin breg", where you can enjoy enchanting views of the Djerdap Gorge. The complex is named by Captain Mihailo "Miša" Anastasijević.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance tickets for the Golubac Fortress
- Entrance tickets for the archaeological site Lepenski vir
- Entry/Admission - Golubac Fortress
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Danube River, Belgrade Serbia
Let us introduce you to a grandiose monument of nature, the mighty Danube river.
The Danube was and still remains the point of both union and separation of nations and countries. Our country is privileged to be one of ten through which this Europe’s second-longest river flows.
Once the main bond between the East and the West, the border of the powerful Roman Empire hasn’t lost its importance and nowadays is the route that still connects the edges of the Old continent. This incredible river popularly called the “old giant” is the cradle of many civilizations and cultures from different epochs and sites along the Serbian part of banks are proving that.
Stop At: Golubac Fortress, Djerdap National Park, Golubac Serbia
Following the flow of the blue giant, you will see the Golubac Fortress first.
Built on inaccessible cliffs near the widest part of the Danube, this medieval fortification will welcome you with its mystical towers that tell stories that resemble a true fairytale. Climbing up high one of the towers, you’ll understand why locals find it that Danube looks like sea from this point.
Standing on one of the best-preserved fortresses in Serbia, you will have an opportunity to have an almost “aerial” view of the Danube and of its mirror-like surface.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lepenski vir, Donji Milanovac, Serbia
For the next stop, we will set a “time machine” and take you to the Neolithic era.
The archaeological site of Lepenski Vir, a prehistoric urban settlement, uncovers information about our ancestors from the VI century BC. Their way of life and mindset are proving that ancient Homo sapiens had been way more advanced than we have predicted.
This museum, unique by theme, location, and construction, will leave you inspired and in wonder.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kapetan Misin breg, Donji Milanovac, Serbia
A reward for your patience on “class of history”, will be the Eco-ethno household “Kapetan Mišin breg”, where you can enjoy enchanting views over the Djerdap gorge.
The complex, named after a very respected captain, offers you an open-air gallery called “Man, wood, water”, a collection of wooden and stone sculptures.
Take a deep breath, chitchat with hosts, and gaze far in the distance as you say goodbye to the Mighty.
We truly hope that the storytelling connected to the events and sites of the Danube, as “witnesses” of the different epochs, will give you one more piece to add in the Serbia puzzle.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Studentski trg 3, Beograd 11000, Serbia
Traveler pickup is offered
Meet your guide at the reception of your accommodation or at a location cited in the confirmation message which will be sent a day before.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.