Dark Side of Charleston Guided Night-Time Walking Tour
Whether it’s a fascinating story about a legendary brothel, or a look back at ancient forms of punishment, find out what really went on in the streets in the "Holy City" of Charleston. While it’s not meant to scare the life out of you, this uncensored tour of Charleston’s past covers the seediness that existed here way back when—and will certainly be an eye opener. This guided walking tour is 90-minutes long and for adult audiences only!
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- UNCENSORED Walking Tour
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Your tour begins at 8pm when you meet your guide on Anson Street, who over the course of 90 minutes, will take you on an uncensored journey of Charleston's sordid past. Hear the tales of brothels, corruption, prostitutes, scandals, and crime, and learn the city's darker secrets that other tours leave out.
While pastel-colored homes, sunshine, and southern hospitality reign supreme in the coastal city, it isn't always champagne and mimosas down here on the Charleston streets. From centuries ago to the present day, Charleston has been a place where high society is riddled with scandal, temptation, sin, and truly unruly behavior.
Whether it’s a fascinating story about a legendary brothel, or a look back at ancient forms of punishment, find out what really went on in the streets in the "Holy City" of Charleston. Did Charleston have a red-light district? Why did prostitutes wear red shoes? Your licensed and experienced tour guides will answer these questions throughout the tour, and there really isn't any other Charleston walking tour like it.
Departure Point :18 Anson St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years, this is an uncensored Tour
- Mobile phone numbers are required at time of booking
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Uncensored tour, profanity may be used
- Most travelers can participate
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to tour departure time
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- By purchasing this tour, you are stating that you and your party are healthy and have not exhibited any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days. If that changes, you will notify Bulldog Tours immediately.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.